•  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:05 pm
bluebellnutter wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:39 am
A mile??? Well that settles it. Nobody would ever travel that sort of distance for any reason.
I may have mentioned this before, but I have had people tell me I must be mad, or super fit, or both, because I cycle the WHOLE MILE (!!!!1!) to the pub. :roll:

It takes <5 minutes.
Why that's over 12 miles per hour!!
You expect Mailites to believe that.
In their mind cycling only exists so we can hold up traffic and mince about in lycra.
Cyclist liked this

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Rather amusing for all those Europe's going to fall to fascism takes.

https://www.dw.com/en/netherlands-poll- ... a-48855178

Dutch pro-EU parties were on track for a surprise win in the European Parliament election, according to an exit poll Thursday that suggested that populist Euroskeptics had failed to make previously forecasted gains.

The Labor party of European Commission Vice-President Frans Timmermans looked set to win five out of the 26 seats allocated for the Netherlands, according to the Ipsos poll for the Dutch public broadcaster NOS.

"There is a clear majority of people in the Netherlands, if you count them altogether, who want the European Union to continue playing a role in tackling problems that need to be solved," said Timmermans, who is the lead candidate for the European Parliament's social democratic grouping.
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte's Liberal party was set to win four seats, as was its coalition party, the Christian-conservative Christian Democratic Appeal (CDA).

Euroskeptic parties were predicted to fall well short of expectations. Official Dutch results were, however, not due to be released until after Europe's polling as a whole wraps up on Sunday.
Boiler liked this

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:39 am
A mile??? Well that settles it. Nobody would ever travel that sort of distance for any reason.
But he's ex-Paras, which I would have thought made him second only to The Flash in mail-world

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:23 am
Another Milkshake Attack. This time on a veteran.
Brexit Party army veteran, 81, in milkshake row 'was acquitted of attempted murder' over shooting of unarmed civilian in Northern Ireland in 1974
MacNaughton – who was in his mid-30s at the time – was found not guilty of both charges by the Belfast City Commission on September 5, 1974.
No surprise there.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/brexit-p ... 974-167292

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Yep he was found not guilty and the Army paid £5000 compensation. How does that work?

£5000 doesn't seem that much these days but although I don't know how much property was worth in Northern Ireland in 1974 in that same year I bought a three bedroom terrace house in Cardiff for £4800.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Daley Mayle wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:10 am
Yep he was found not guilty and the Army paid £5000 compensation. How does that work?

£5000 doesn't seem that much these days but although I don't know how much property was worth in Northern Ireland in 1974 in that same year I bought a three bedroom terrace house in Cardiff for £4800.
The rule of thumb that seems to work OK is double the amount for each decade.
So that's a multiplier above x16.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
The first prognoses of the German results have been published.

The AfD continue their unstoppable rise (© BBC News) by losing votes in comparison to their last Bundestag share. These numbers are only provisional but that foul old Nazi, Gauland, is already blaming ... wait for it ... Brexit!

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

EU livid as UK MEPs admit they're confident of n[…]

We are really and truly utterly fucked. :cry:

Jeremy Corbyn.

Labour will keep getting thwacked – and ri[…]

The Mail and modern technology

He has. And he ain’t happy. It’s a […]