•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
His Novaro site looked promising to begin with to give a platform to new ideas but its all been pretty thin gruel. Aaron and his gang stumble around like a drunk trying to find their way home. Their latest 21st radicalism is to return to being Tony Benn in the 1975 referendum. His ideas for a British exceptionalist autarky looked moth-eaten even back then.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
He's basically Owen Jones without the principles, quality of argument, journalistic integrity and capacity for self-doubt.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:37 pm
He's basically Owen Jones without the principles, quality of argument, journalistic integrity and capacity for self-doubt.
I haven't seen Jonesy demonstrate those over the last 18 months.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:32 am
bluebellnutter wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:37 pm
I haven't seen Jonesy demonstrate those over the last 18 months.
Cyclist liked this

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
It seems Bastani's PHD may not be all it seems.

http://www.jeremy-duns.com/blog/somedue ... ronbastani
Bastani is a public figure, and his credentials are worth scrutinising. Especially as it turns out that he is hiding something. On reading his PhD thesis, I found that he had committed several extremely serious breaches of ethics in it. The details are below, but in summary he deliberately concealed the prominence of his own role in the field he was researching. He:

Omitted key facts about the extent of his involvement in events he analysed;

Failed to discuss or cite multiple sources relevant to his research because they identified his true role;

Failed to discuss or cite any of his own articles that revealed his true role;

Failed to take into account that his activities shaped and disrupted the events he was analysing;

Failed to declare his very clear conflict of interest as a result of the above, because it would have invalidated the entire thesis.

I think these omissions and deceptions are an obvious breach of Royal Holloway’s regulations on academic misconduct, notably clause 2(f).
The Sun

middle-class, artichoke-chompers They've moved […]

C**t of the day

The RNLI_disgrace hashtag on Twitter is giving me […]

Local journalism at its best

Anyone under the age of forty should have to have […]

An appropriate time to use the term 'virtue signal[…]