Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 57.9 % ❤ 1.4 % :thumbsup: 11 % 😯 1.4 % :grinning: 20.7 % 🙏 0.7 % 😟 3.4 % :cry: 2.1 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Whilst she has yet to rebel against the party, I've got time for Cat Smith.

She's articulate and eloquent. She doesn't have the persistent foot-in-mouth disease of most of the others, or the overly strident, confrontational attitude of someone like Pidcock.

I'd keep an eye on her for big things in future, but since she only entered parliament in 2015, she probably needs a few more years of experience.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Winegums wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:53 pm
Age is just a number, and I don't think someone should stand down just because of it unless it impacts their actual performance. e.g. America has a man with some stage of dementia who is still dottering through senior office.
Or to put it another way - he’s already hugely unpopular, won’t deal with his unpopular close advisors, has a closet almost as full of skeletons as Johnson’s and is pushing unpopular policies. Throw in increasing old age and that appeal is verging on subterranean.

You’re right age won’t affect his performance though... :wink:

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Samanfur wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:37 pm
Whilst she has yet to rebel against the party, I've got time for Cat Smith.

She's articulate and eloquent. She doesn't have the persistent foot-in-mouth disease of most of the others, or the overly strident, confrontational attitude of someone like Pidcock.

I'd keep an eye on her for big things in future, but since she only entered parliament in 2015, she probably needs a few more years of experience.
She made a bit of a fool of herself after the Copeland by-election but it was a bit of a spot she was put in. Generally she seems to get on with it quietly.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Samanfur wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Corbin entered parliament decades before 2015. How much more experience does *he* need before he's any good?
lord_kobel liked this
By randomelement
Membership Days Membership Days
Winegums wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:17 pm

No that's not putting it another way, that's just saying something different.

Or to put it another way, stop posting shite you tedious melt.
It's noteworthy that CC_Windermere writes posts that that tend to range from thoughful via interesting and very often ending up at insightful. While our resident doctor writes ad-homs and insults saving his worst for anyone slightly right of JC but left of the Tory party. (see above)
I'd just thought I'd share that thought :)
oboogie liked this
By Andy McDandy
He's also had surprisingly little to say about Jeremy "Hunt" Cunt, or the NHS over the last few years. Funny, that.
oboogie liked this

By Abernathy
randomelement wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:01 pm
While our resident doctor writes ad-homs and insults ....

He's not really a doctor, you know.
oboogie liked this

By Boiler
Abernathy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:58 pm
randomelement wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:01 pm
While our resident doctor writes ad-homs and insults ....

He's not really a doctor, you know.
We shall never know...

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
I'm curious to what the burden of proof is really. Not sending you a photo of my GMC cert

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
Personal right to anonymity? I think the lion's share of forum users here are the same.
By randomelement
Membership Days Membership Days
TBH there's nothing Wino can do to prove one way or another if he's a doctor, even if he posted a copy of he GMC certification, it could be valid, fake or for someone else.

The only thing to go by what he posts, which gives pretty good evidence to the answer.

By Boiler
I must be the only one here who believes he is what he says he is: because I know from experience that being a professional does not prevent you being either a dick or being smart enough to know precisely how to goad people for maximum effect. After all, putting on a front for a patient or their relatives is in the job description.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
Jeremy Corbyn.

Oh, go on. Tell me. I'm fucking *fascinated*.

Boris Johnson

Fanx for that. We are on the long trail down to Ba[…]

[/quote] SunLife one, that is. At the start of the[…]

Priti Patel

A lecture on patriotism from disgraced ex-minister[…]