Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 57.9 % ❤ 1.4 % :thumbsup: 11 % 😯 1.4 % :grinning: 20.7 % 🙏 0.7 % 😟 3.4 % :cry: 2.1 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I should add that a fair few forum members do know each other in real life, and are friends socially.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Winegums wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:21 am
Personal right to anonymity? I think the lion's share of forum users here are the same.
We disagree on a lot, but I totally agree on this - I don’t think anyone should have to say who they are, in particular not to prove they have a certain job or not.

I find it surprising Winegums is a Dr and isn’t more concerned about Corbyn’s Brexit plans, but it’s not impossible. I worked with a professor of social care who voted leave, and the consequences in his area would be devastating.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Abernathy
randomelement wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:33 am
TBH there's nothing Wino can do to prove one way or another if he's a doctor, even if he posted a copy of he GMC certification, it could be valid, fake or for someone else.

The only thing to go by what he posts, which gives pretty good evidence to the answer.
Indeed. Generally speaking, in respect of internet social media, it isn't possible to prove beyond any doubt that a given individual is who (s)he claims to be.

If Swinegums were not so full of crap, with such naive views, such a boorish manner, and such a Walter Mitty-esque forum presence, I might be inclined to believe his yarn about being a responsible medical registrar.

Since none of that is the case, I'm driven to conclude that his professed profession is a fantastical, if failed, attempt to win credilbility for his widely excoriated political views.

Others' mileage may vary (step forward, Boiler), but for me his imagined situation rings totally untrue.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
Yep, i'm obviously too angry and left wing to be a doctor, because we're all meant to be mild mannered FBPEs. :roll:
By Andy McDandy
Not so much that, more that you seem to be remarkably quiet on issues that medical professionals, especially those of an age typically associated with the terminology you use, are typically concerned about.

I dont know. Maybe you're raging against the Hunt and Hancock elsewhere, and this is your let off steam at the sad old farts site.

But put it this way. My girlfriend is a doctor. Of geophysics, I grant you. But I'd trust her medical advice over yours.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:29 pm
Not so much that, more that you seem to be remarkably quiet on issues that medical professionals, especially those of an age typically associated with the terminology you use, are typically concerned about.

I dont know. Maybe you're raging against the Hunt and Hancock elsewhere, and this is your let off steam at the sad old farts site.

But put it this way. My girlfriend is a doctor. Of geophysics, I grant you. But I'd trust her medical advice over yours.
Do you have strong opinions on the new jr doctors contract or the exception reporting system? I talk about medical stuff on twitter or in real life to other doctors. I wasn't convinced the audience here has a big appreciation for trainee retention post fy2.

Also, saying "trust X has privitised their ortho OP dept" over and over isnt particularly interesting conversation.
By randomelement
Membership Days Membership Days
Winegums, yes I would, and I'm not trying to be contrary. I'd like to know something I don't already know and what it takes to become a doctor and the shit you have to go through to get there is really interesting. I'm sure other people on this site would be interested too.

If you could give us some examples* of what you go through, it would probably help you connect with other people on this site as well.

*Not to Dox yourself or anyone else
Timbo liked this

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
That's quite interesting. Im on nights at the minute but if you put together a few questions I'd be happy to have a look.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:02 pm
randomelement wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:33 am
TBH there's nothing Wino can do to prove one way or another if he's a doctor, even if he posted a copy of he GMC certification, it could be valid, fake or for someone else.

The only thing to go by what he posts, which gives pretty good evidence to the answer.
Indeed. Generally speaking, in respect of internet social media, it isn't possible to prove beyond any doubt that a given individual is who (s)he claims to be.

If Swinegums were not so full of crap, with such naive views, such a boorish manner, and such a Walter Mitty-esque forum presence, I might be inclined to believe his yarn about being a responsible medical registrar.

Since none of that is the case, I'm driven to conclude that his professed profession is a fantastical, if failed, attempt to win credilbility for his widely excoriated political views.

Others' mileage may vary (step forward, Boiler), but for me his imagined situation rings totally untrue.
I'm willing to believe that Wino is a doctor just because your're a doctor doesn't preclude you from a being a far left goon.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
This, plus the new Movement for Change to publicise and push the benefits of the EU and continued membership and what we could do in Europe, is evidence that any new referendum campaign would be starkly different. Corbyn is not going to have his way, and rightly so - he can now choose to salvage something from it or eventually be if not forced out then certainly made irrelevant.

And yes, remain might lose - but it would be losing standing for the right thing. And if you can't say you stood up for what you knew was right as opposed to going along with what you knew was dangerous and wrong out of blind devotion, well what sort of a person are you?

lord_kobel, oboogie liked this

By bluebellnutter
It is ironic that many on the Corbyn left look at polling and claim it is better to lose an election fighting for what they believe is right than to compromise and win doing something you believe to be wrong, but don't apply the same logic to referendums.

If they want to leave why can't they just be open about it and admit it? Is it because they know deep down that it's wrong, or because they know if they admitted it the Labour party would turn against them?
lord_kobel liked this

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 am
And yes, remain might lose - but it would be losing standing for the right thing. And if you can't say you stood up for what you knew was right as opposed to going along with what you knew was dangerous and wrong out of blind devotion, well what sort of a person are you?

The right of the Labour party have spent three years screaming that Corbyn is unelectable and that "hard left" social democratic policy is untenable. Bit rich to then say "oh you should fight for what you believe in, polls be damned!

There's nothing to gain from coming out hard remain. Leave vote is going to galvanise pretty hard if Labour put up a clear enemy, right now it's fracturing between brexit party and tories. If you really think remain would win a 2nd ref, why not let it have one vs soft brexit?
Jeremy Corbyn.

Way to prove her point Jezza.

The Independent Group for Change

Corbyn is no threat. The reason Labour show a &lsq[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

Fuck me. So Corbyn’s bigot’s lunch clu[…]

Well: this'll go down well with the Gammon... &q[…]