Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 62.6 % ❤ 1.3 % :thumbsup: 5.2 % 😯 1 % :grinning: 21 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 2 % 😟 1.6 % :cry: 2.6 % :shit: 1.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Here’s something Corbyn will enjoy a lot less than fawning slop - being called out on his bullshit revisionist history with a ton of facts

God, how petty and small do you have to be to try and erase the success of your own party from the record just because you can’t bear it that they did it without being of the same ideology as you?
lord_kobel, oboogie, Oblomov liked this

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:43 pm
Here’s something Corbyn will enjoy a lot less than fawning slop - being called out on his bullshit revisionist history with a ton of facts

God, how petty and small do you have to be to try and erase the success of your own party from the record just because you can’t bear it that they did it without being of the same ideology as you?
Nah Blair was bad chief.

And everyone who says "butiraq" can kinda fuck off? Like how much of a psychopath do you have to be to hand wave the death of a million people?

By crabcakes_windermere
I don’t disagree Blair *himself* was bad. I disagree with the current petty, small-minded incumbent (a) being so bitter as to reduce 3 terms of Labour govt. down to ‘Blair’, which is extraordinarily rude, dismissive and ignorant of the work that hundreds of people did over more than a decade, and the huge improvements that were made because of that work, and (b) the sheer gall of him now adopting Tory bullet points and revisionist history about the causes of GLOBAL austerity being down to UK Labour just to have a pop at a rival.

Get back to us when he’s done something other than push for the same key policy of the Tories while trashing his own side’s most recent, tangible achievements - ones that people remember and ones that would be excellent examples of what a Labour government can do as opposed to Tory cruelty. Whining that other people’s good work is worthless seemingly for the sole reason he didn’t endorse it - when many of those same people still work for you - is a really shitty look for a ‘leader’.
Last edited by crabcakes_windermere on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randomelement, davidjay, oboogie and 4 others liked this

By bluebellnutter
Winegums wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:19 pm
And everyone who says "butiraq" can kinda fuck off? Like how much of a psychopath do you have to be to hand wave the death of a million people?
Dunno. You're the one who wants Hard Brexit. You tell us?
lord_kobel, oboogie, Oblomov liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
Winegums wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 am
I don't want a hard brexit. Please stop misrepresenting my position
This is like saying you don't support NHS cuts, austerity and bigotry but will vote Conservative anyway.

You threw in your lot with Corbyn, and this is what he's selling. There's no jobs first brexit, no Norway-like better deal to be had with what he wants to keep off the table - just the Tory offer or no deal. Own it or change your mind, but you don't get to crow on about the absolute boy and then say you don't want his biggest (and stupidest, and least popular) policy decision.
lord_kobel, Oblomov liked this

By bluebellnutter
Winegums wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 am
I don't want a hard brexit. Please stop misrepresenting my position
You support Jeremy Corbyn's Brexit position. That is Hard Brexit.

The only one misrepresenting anything is you.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
Jeremy Corbyn has not advocated for hard brexit though?

Is this why you guys hate him so much? Like do you just not get his schtick?
Boris Johnson

Let us assume for a moment, that PM Johnson has sp[…]

I know all about the potential candidates I’[…]

Labour, Generally.

I assumed Blue Labour was either a joke, or a se[…]

HIGNFY

Adverts on BBC1 as the price of keeping BBC2 &am[…]