Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 46.2 % ❤ 18.3 % :thumbsup: 10.8 % :grinning: 10.8 % 🧥 2.2 % 🙏 5.4 % 😟 5.4 % :cry: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Correct. From a quick confirmatory google, driving tests were suspended in 1939 and not re-introduced until 1946. In 1947, holders of wartime provisional permits were given one year to take a driving test, many didn't bother and simply carried on driving with their wartime permit.

They didn't need blue badges either - they wore blue clothing. Military invalids were issued with 'hospitable blue' uniforms and blue armbands to be worn over normal uniform greatcoat so's the populace at large would treat them with a little more dignity than someone claiming bone spurs or that 'London theatre critic' was a reserved occupation*, for instance.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/uniforms/ ... ms-258064/

*Oh yes, kids - a certain former editor's father actually did this and got away with it.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:00 am
Marine A allegedly executed an injured prisoner of war in cold blood because he was suffering from mental health problems. Not because he was a murdering cunt looking for an excuse to slot a rag head. Right, Littlejohn?
Marine A did what anyone would and should do, and was forced to game the system by using a fake disease as an excuse. He was just going around the unjust law to get unlawful Justice.

Or something like that. I dunno. I've heard a lot of this shit, it doesn't help the old brain to think it.
By satnav
Where do you start with nonsense like this?
This is the same Guardian which condemned tabloid reporters for listening in on celebrities’ voicemails and delighted when some were prosecuted. What’s the difference between bugging a phone and bugging a home?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Having failed, thus far, to destroy Brexit and overturn the democratically expressed wishes of the British people, they are now determined to destroy the People’s Choice to become PM.

Apart from people who sit on a political spectrum stretching from Amber Rudd to Class War, as LJ points out in his article.

If you'd told me three years ago Littlejohn would have a stab in the back narrative because Brexit's undeliverable- I'd have believed you.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... steps.html

Kids, eh? Plus some Minder bollocks and global warming sneering.

Look, he's not advocating bringing back corporal punishment, but he is.
By Andy McDandy
Remarkable similarities to Roald Dahl.

I get it, it feeds into his "back in my day we played with land mines and if Ian Brady abducted you, buggered you a bit and then strangled you, it was your own fault and your father would beat you with a strap" narrative. But it's just bollocks, "kids eh?".

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:20 pm
Does anyone else remember exactly what they were doing, eating and drinking when they were three? Because I sure as shit don't.
Can't remember, but if Facebook's any guide we were all eating soil and drinking from the hose.
Abernathy, spoonman liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
I've got a few strong memories, all before I was five, when we moved house:
My mother and grandmother plucking and roasting chickens. Sharpening the carving knife on the back step.
Apples from a hybrid tree in the garden.
My mother making cherry cakes and trying to get her to give me the glacé cherries.
My aunt giving me cold milk from the fridge - a novelty.
Collecting and cooking mushrooms.
National Health orange juice.
Two ounces of sweets in paper bags, especially 'sweet dinners'.
Corned beef rissoles as the money ran out on Thursday.

I also remember the daughter of our next door neighbour sharing the bread she had made in Home Economics. Heavy, to say the least, but well buttered.
randomelement liked this
Liz Truss

I know you're considered to be a bit of an insti[…]

The Tories, Generally

Well, this'll keep the Chiltern Crybaby NIMBYs h[…]

The number of white middle class journos jumping o[…]

The Sun

THE SUN SAYS Us Brits aren’t negotiating wi[…]