Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 43.1 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 6.6 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 36.3 % 🧥 0.4 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 2.4 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Its aimed at people who get worked up over plasma screens and mobile phones, like the guy from Sandbanks (see the vs modern technology thread). Never mind that such things are relatively affordable; they represent a level of luxury in the hands of the unworthy.

Small minded, pigshit thick bores.

By MisterMuncher
Andy McDandy wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:07 pm
Its aimed at people who get worked up over plasma screens and mobile phones, like the guy from Sandbanks (see the vs modern technology thread). Never mind that such things are relatively affordable; they represent a level of luxury in the hands of the unworthy.

Small minded, pigshit thick bores.

Small minded covers it precisely. They can't grasp that an IT based solution saves so much in time, labour, resources and actual money relative to paper. All they know is that an iPad costs rather a lot and they're used by millennials to take selfies and their grandkids would rather play Minecraft on an iPad than listen to any of their shit. Immune to context.

By MisterMuncher
I believe so. I do recall that it was pointlessly expensive (but someone else was paying), distinctly impractical and being done for no reason other than "this is what we've always done". So yeah, bang up his particular alley.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
EU livid as UK MEPs admit they're confident of new Brexit deal - 'Macron is agitating!'

A FURIOUS argument erupted in the European Parliament after Brexit Party MEP Diane James told Germany's Elmar Brok the UK would be able to renegotiate a deal with the EU after “agitation” from Angela Merkel and Emmanuel Macron.
By FREDDIE JORDAN
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11431 ... tics-video

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:57 pm
The Moggs are also pushing some bollocks about not being allowed to speak. The Parliament isn't even sitting yet.
They're always getting no-platformed:
* In the library.
* In the threatre.
* On the quiet carriage..

There's no victimhood like a Rees-Mogg victimhood.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
'Change your position and we can talk': Tusk and Juncker lay down Brexit gauntlet to Johnson and Hunt as they say divorce deal cannot be changed

But he and Mr Juncker put the bloc on a collision course with the two leadership rivals as they both reiterated that the Withdrawal Agreement cannot be changed
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rexit.html
US Ship: Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

CND reply: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

US Ship: This is the Captain of a US Navy Ship. I say again, divert your course.

CND reply: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course!

US Ship: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS CORAL SEA*, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!!

CND reply: This is a lighthouse. Your call.
2019 General Election

Zero growth in the 3rd quarter. Total of 0.1% in[…]

Boris Johnson

For a fair chunk of the electorate the Prime Minis[…]

Richard Littlejohn

Have you ever met anyone called Atiyah? Me, neith[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

I think it was a terrible idea. And Ed was warned […]