•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:09 am
Well, that's nice. This sorry little episode damaging Johnson does feel like the IRS indicting Al Capone after so much more serious shit never stuck.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... eal-brexit
Conservatives stepped up warnings on Monday that a Boris Johnson premiership could lead to the collapse of the government if the leadership frontrunner attempts to pursue no deal.

One former Tory minister said he believed there were many more Tory MPs who would be prepared to take that step than those who would publicly admit it. “I do think at least 10 would vote to bring down the government if the government was taking us into no deal,” the MP said.

“Politicians don’t like to admit that they take this view in public, they like to hedge their bets a bit, but that has been my view for a long time.”

Tobias Ellwood, the defence minister, said he believed at least a dozen Conservative MPs could be forced into voting against the government.
Do we take this at face value? Or are they going to wriggle out of this by "I've been assured by Boris that he's committed to avoiding No Deal"?

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
They're Tories. If it means the survival of their party and their snouts remaining in the trough they'll do whatever it takes. Forget decency. Forget doing what's right. These are the fucking Self-Servatives, and they'll do anything to keep their power, influence, and incomes.
Arrowhead, oboogie, Zuriblue and 1 others liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
They're Tories. If it means the survival of their party and their snouts remaining in the trough they'll do whatever it takes.

Used to be but this is a different Tory membership to the one that held its nose and voted for Cameron with his metropolitan gay husky stuff. Johnson doesn't believe the Tories can win an election on a BlueKIP or Duncan-Smith strategy. He'll do what it takes to stay in power which will infuriate the nutty membership pursuing their demented Brexit agenda at any cost.

By Oblomov
Big Arnold wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:54 pm
‘Candid’ Pic Of Boris Johnson Cosying Up With Carrie Symonds Is Too Convenient For Some...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... k-homepage
Don't tell me the Evening Standard is about to become The London Daily Bozza again :anguished:

He's not admitting anything of the sort, unless yo[…]

Not lists of complaints. Also known as exampl[…]

The LibDems, generally

Farron lied (clumsily) about having changed, then […]

The Trump Presidency

You do get the impression that Trump is delibe[…]