Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 34 % ❤ 5.8 % :thumbsup: 10.5 % 😯 3.7 % :grinning: 37.2 % 🧥 1 % 🙏 0.5 % 😟 2.1 % :cry: 4.2 % :shit: 1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Bones McCoy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:53 pm

Yebbut he won't be talking with them when Ben and Holly are available.
FTFY

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Apologies for repeating what's been said on here before, but I'm convinced Trump never wanted to be President - he wanted to run for the publicity it would bring for his business interests and TV profile, when he looked like winning he did his best to lose and when he did eventually win he realised he could do what ever he liked with no comebacks, which is what he's doing now.

In a similar way, and here I am directly lifting from an earlier post, what Johnson really wants is to be the former Prime Minister. He wants the fame and attention he'll receive for the rest of his life, he wants the income that comes from it, he wants to be able to opine on matters of grave concern with the gravitas accorded an elder statesman, and he wants to be able to look back and know that he got the top job. What he doesn't want is to have to do the job itself, because he knows that then there'll be nowhere to hide, no colleagues to stick the blame onto and he'll be shown up for the posting, shallow, buffoon that deep down he knows he really is.
Malcolm Armsteen, spoonman, AOB and 7 others liked this

By Oblomov
davidjay wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:47 pm
Apologies for repeating what's been said on here before, but I'm convinced Trump never wanted to be President - he wanted to run for the publicity it would bring for his business interests and TV profile, when he looked like winning he did his best to lose and when he did eventually win he realised he could do what ever he liked with no comebacks, which is what he's doing now.

In a similar way, and here I am directly lifting from an earlier post, what Johnson really wants is to be the former Prime Minister. He wants the fame and attention he'll receive for the rest of his life, he wants the income that comes from it, he wants to be able to opine on matters of grave concern with the gravitas accorded an elder statesman, and he wants to be able to look back and know that he got the top job. What he doesn't want is to have to do the job itself, because he knows that then there'll be nowhere to hide, no colleagues to stick the blame onto and he'll be shown up for the posting, shallow, buffoon that deep down he knows he really is.
Well put. I suspect he wants to emulate Churchill's term entirely, the whole premiership focused around a single issue where he can chuck the day-to-day administration in the loft and not have to think about it for 5 years.

Problem is, Winnie had one of the most unifying quandaries the country has ever faced and Bozza has the most divisive one. Not to mention that Mayday learned about all the things left by the wayside (Windrush, Grenfell, food banks etc.) will pipe up about being cast aside for chasing Brexit unicorns.
Timbo, randomelement liked this
Jeremy Corbyn.

Sorry, does this mean Corbyn's inherent antipathy[…]

Jan Moir

In the meantime, whatever happened to statesmansh[…]

2019 General Election

Fair bit of this sort of stuff on west country loc[…]

The Sun

Fucking chancers. Contemptible.