Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 28.7 % ❤ 8 % :thumbsup: 1.1 % :grinning: 29.9 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 27.6 % :cry: 2.3 % :shit: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Morrissey continues on his brave quest to completely trash his reputation and legacy:
Morrissey Denies He Is Racist, Attacks The Press, Apologizes To Robert Smith In New Interview With His Nephew
"Everyone ultimately prefers their own race … does this make everyone racist?"
by Tom Breihan June 24, 2019 1:44 pm
https://www.stereogum.com/2048909/morri ... phew/news/

For those of you not inclined to click on the link, here is the accompanying feature image which you will NEVER be able to unsee:
Arrowhead wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:42 am
Morrissey continues on his brave quest to completely trash his reputation and legacy:
Morrissey Denies He Is Racist, Attacks The Press, Apologizes To Robert Smith In New Interview With His Nephew

For those of you not inclined to click on the link, here is the accompanying feature image which you will NEVER be able to unsee:
It's the ghost of Freddie Starr....
Arrowhead liked this
Boiler wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:17 pm
Arrowhead wrote:

It's the ghost of Freddie Starr....
Manwhile, Morrisey relaxing

Morrissey also says a few things about the Cure frontman Robert Smith, his fellow theatrically glum UK rock icon. Morrissey and Smith spent years trashing each other in the press

Chris Rock with the benefit of hindsight recalled the 80s argument as to who was best; Michael Jackson or Prince- Er Prince. Er Robert Smith.
Arrowhead wrote:

He's been denying that for about a decade now I think. I remember being in college and reading a copy of the NME where he was going off on one about ethnics ruining the country for some spurious reason that he was never able to clarify beyond not liking change.
Arrowhead liked this
Oblomov wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:16 am
He's been denying that for about a decade now I think. I remember being in college and reading a copy of the NME where he was going off on one about ethnics ruining the country for some spurious reason that he was never able to clarify beyond not liking change.
I’m probably showing my age here, but I remember him getting into some seriously hot water with the NME way back in the early 90’s. He performed at Madstock one year and took to literally wrapping himself in a Union Jack whilst performing a song called, I think, “National Front Disco”. This was around the time that the BNP were winning council seats in places like Millwall, so tensions were running high.

Thank God I never really got into his music. I know he meant a lot to very many people, it must be horrific when one of your earliest idols turns out to be a turd of a human being.
youngian liked this
Arrowhead wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:28 pm
it must be horrific when one of your earliest idols turns out to be a turd of a human being.
See also Clapton, Eric.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:48 pm
See also Clapton, Eric.
Wasn't that down to a solitary, drunken outburst though? Clapton hasn't really struck me as an especially controversial, polarising figure in recent times. Whereas a nasty dickhead like Morrissey keeps digging ever-bigger holes for himself pretty much every time he gives an interview.
Arrowhead wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:28 pm
Oblomov wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:16 am
I’m probably showing my age here, but I remember him getting into some seriously hot water with the NME way back in the early 90’s. He performed at Madstock one year and took to literally wrapping himself in a Union Jack whilst performing a song called, I think, “National Front Disco”. This was around the time that the BNP were winning council seats in places like Millwall, so tensions were running high.

Thank God I never really got into his music. I know he meant a lot to very many people, it must be horrific when one of your earliest idols turns out to be a turd of a human being.
Ah yes, I recall the NME article documenting that particular phase of his career also (though as it was a period of the BNP being on the fringes I was struggling to comprehend the magnitude of the association).

It's still baffling actions to me though. Wasn't most of his lyrical output about being sad about beastly British institutions not properly looking after the sensitive artistically inclined souls like him? Why would he have such a chip about that apple cart being upset by other marginalized individuals, surely he'd be able to empathize with them?

Unless he was always an oik and the wallflower act was just to impress girls at art school.
Arrowhead wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:45 pm

Wasn't that down to a solitary, drunken outburst though?
Do you become a raging racist bastard after a couple of pints?

I suspect not. Anyway, Clap admitted it in later interviews.

And he's a crap guitarist. Popularly known as Xerox. Duane Allman played the good bits on Layla.
The Trump Presidency

I thnk Denmark had a narrow escape. https://twitt[…]

Liz Truss

I know you're considered to be a bit of an insti[…]

The Tories, Generally

Well, this'll keep the Chiltern Crybaby NIMBYs h[…]

The number of white middle class journos jumping o[…]