Discussion of the more serious side of the Mail's agenda
:sunglasses: 37.7 % ❤ 1.6 % :thumbsup: 4.9 % 😯 1.6 % :grinning: 32.8 % 🙏 1.6 % 😟 19.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Friday's headline screamed about a cannabis farm being found in a police station. A closer inspection of the front page revealed it wasn't a police station at all. It was a building once used as a police station, now disused.

The online article curiously takes a different angle.

Laughing at the law: Criminals grow £1.5million cannabis farm inside a disused POLICE STATION - but police turn up too late when the whole crop had gone

Oh and why is it no longer in use?
The station was shut following budget cuts six years ago.
The Mail have their precious Tories to thank. It wouldn't have been in existence in that location without Tory cuts happening. "TORIES CREATE CANNABIS FARM" would therefore be a valid headline.

By AOB
Saturday's:

If a bloke approached you in the pub and said:

"I've been taking photographs of other people's kids. All under 6 years old. Playing in the garden, out with their parents, in their school uniform, that kind of thing. Made a calendar out of some of the pictures. Do you want to buy one?"

And look; there's a scruffy, unkempt, parasitic creature in the bottom corner, alongside one of the Wombles.

By spoonman
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:40 am
Britain doesn't need a spring clean - it needs an enema.
With the hose stuck right through the door @ 10 Downing St.
A few years ago, I think in line with the diamond jubilee, there was a thing called "clean for the queen", which was promoted by Johnson, Gove and various others on the cunt wing of the Conservative party. Lots of posters of them holding brooms and gurning. Eight years on, it gets dusted down.

By spoonman
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:47 am
A few years ago, I think in line with the diamond jubilee, there was a thing called "clean for the queen", which was promoted by Johnson, Gove and various others on the cunt wing of the Conservative party. Lots of posters of them holding brooms and gurning. Eight years on, it gets dusted down.
Indeed there was. Though last Autumn this had a sudden change of tack when they started promoting "lying to the Queen".

By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:47 am
As lampooned here; https://www.thecartoonist.co.uk/viz
2016, sorry. I do remember Toby Young going all General Jumbo and saying that he was organising a clean up of his local park, with - tee hee, get this - Che Guevara t-shirts for any non-royalists who turned up.

At the time people on here said that wasn't it just like him to be strutting around his neighbourhood like the resident gauleiter, and that the "joke" t-shirts were a bit pointless if you were giving them to people who had turned up anyway.
Boiler liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:47 pm

This is such an old stunt Gladstone probably did it when he'd run out of ideas. But not at the beginning of an administration.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Am I missing them, but since last weekend's "freedom celebrations", they has been no items on our leaving The EU, no plethora of good news stories to keep the nations mood up. One can hope they've gone for quet reflection.....along the lines of "Oh Shit!"
Roll Call

That's bollocks. About time someone stopped p[…]

Boris Johnson

https://twitter.com/SamWhyte/status/12681590790857[…]

Meanwhile in America

Indeed. The country was built upon prejudice. If[…]

Labour, Generally.

Yn y cyfamser yng Nghymru  (apologies if that[…]