Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 43.1 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 6.6 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 36.3 % 🧥 0.4 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 2.4 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:29 pm
Only bleach? Fuck it, I'd go for the full deep fat fryer experience, having slashed it with a knife first.
This is worrying.

By Abernathy
davidjay wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:56 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:50 pm
I wouldn't touch her with Winegums'.
His what? Stethoscope?
He doesn't have one. He's not really a doctor, you know.

By Boiler
Abernathy wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:26 pm
Boiler wrote:
Only bleach? Fuck it, I'd go for the full deep fat fryer experience, having slashed it with a knife first.
This is worrying.
Why?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Boiler wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:39 pm
Abernathy wrote:
Boiler wrote:
This is worrying.
Why?
I'd not be eating chips at yours again.

But on the other hand, you ate andouillette.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:51 pm
Boiler wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:39 pm
Abernathy wrote:

This is worrying.
Why?
I'd not be eating chips at yours again.

But on the other hand, you ate andouillette.
As I pointed out to a colleague: it is one of those rare occasions where you can justifiably say in response to a question about said foodstuff that "it tastes like shit" and be absolutely right... :lol:

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Winds up giving Johnson a going over (but then he is a Brexit fuckwit if ever there was one)...

Ann Widdecombe’s political exhumation adds insult to ignorance in Strasbourg
Marina Hyde

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... exit-party

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Brexit breakthrough: Is THIS the shock solution to £39billion divorce row?

WITH the October 31 Brexit deadline drawing closer, a UK-based economist has said Theresa May’s replacement has the opportunity to drastically cut the proposed £39billion divorce bill by making the EU a take-it-or leave it offer.
Mr Jessop urged caution from those advocating all the money to be cautious about alienating future trading partners, suggesting his approach would be regarded as a “gesture of good will” in Brussels which would pave the way for arrangements which benefited both parties.
Offering to only pay half of what you owe is a gesture of good will? Brexiters really live in an alternate universe.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... atest-news

By Snowflake
His smoked salmon business survived flooding, fire and eviction - now Brexit Party MEP Lance Forman says: 'It can outlive a no deal scenario too!'

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/sma ... l-too.html
Besides now exporting his smoked salmon to China, Lance's product can be found in Harrods, Waitrose, Ocado, some Tesco and Sainsbury's and some Michelin-starred restaurants and sushi chefs.
Man of the people, clearly.

Strangely there is no mention in the article of the number of British workers he employs.
Last edited by Snowflake on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
He's wholeheartedly pro-leaving the EU. His concerns about it stem for the 28 member states' need for conformity and own set of rules – one which forced his business to repackage it's salmon to include the label 'contains fish'.
Shouldn't have broken the law in the first place. Businesses can't pick and choose which allergens they list on products. And that won't change post-Brexit. Killing customers is frowned on.

By cycloon
I remember a pre-referendum 'debate' on... R4? I think, between two business people who said they'd vote leave, and two who said they'd vote remain.

One of the leave guys main thing was 'the EU said we had to use certain kinds of chairs which cost us money to buy'.

Now, being as fair and tolerant as possible, sure, I can see why that's an irritation. But that's all he said. That was it. THAT WAS FUCKING IT.

Now, to be a little less tolerant: it's not like the other pro-Leave voter didn't say sensible things, or that the pro-Remain business people said entirely sensible, sane, rational, compelling things. Lord knows plenty of people know fuck all about the EU, from all corners.

But what really gets me is the utter limitation, the utter lack of imagination, the utter inwardsness that was implied by this being the guy's main point. If THAT is your pivot then WHAT are you DOING as a democratic agent?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
If the boot was on the other foot would a Remainer who was passionate about peace and security in Europe take a small economic hit to stay in the EU? Probably. But would a Remainer commit the country to economic suicide, international ridicule, geopolitical impotence, unravel the GFA and break up Britain to pursue membership? No as they’re not insane or thick as two short ones.
Malcolm Armsteen, Big Arnold, Cyclist and 2 others liked this

.......the thing that's keeping me going is that[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

It's the mini-me toddler I feel sorriest for.

2019 General Election

JOE has sent up the Tories video :lol: https://[…]

The Brexit Party

That there are parts of the country, particularl[…]