•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Working class and more diverse my arse.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... select-mps
Momentum is to launch a nationwide campaign to encourage members to begin deselection processes for Labour MPs, arguing it can open the door for more diverse, younger, working-class MPs.

The grassroots group said it would support rank-and-file members across the country to begin the process of challenging their sitting MP under Labour’s trigger ballot system.

The system, which was changed last September to make it easier for local party members to challenge MPs, allows members to vote on whether they would like their sitting MP to face a full selection process or be automatically reselected.

If more than a third of local party branches or more than a third of affiliate branches are in favour of open selection, a reselection process will take place where other candidates can challenge the MPs for the seat.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:07 pm
I'm begining to wonder how many MPs will be deselected.

For the better or worse? Deselection was a damp squid in the 80s apart from a few old hacks who did bugger all. MPs build up a bond of trust with their CLPs and they're winners as they've been elected.
Jeremy Corbyn.

Oh, go on. Tell me. I'm fucking *fascinated*. I m[…]

Boris Johnson

Fanx for that. We are on the long trail down to Ba[…]

[/quote] SunLife one, that is. At the start of the[…]

Priti Patel

A lecture on patriotism from disgraced ex-minister[…]