Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 43.9 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 6.8 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 35 % 🧥 0.5 % 🙏 1.4 % 😟 2.6 % :cry: 2.3 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:57 am
spoonman wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:26 am
youngian wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:21 am
David Lammy posts some fan mail from a Brexit Party supporter.
Probably the same ten year old girl that wrote to Fa**ge a few weeks back.
Are you saying that Lammy wrote that himself?
What? No. :? :?:

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
A no-deal outcome would be very damaging for Ireland,” he [Barclay] said. “If one looks, for example, 40 percent of their exports go through Dover.

“So when I read accounts saying that there will be queues at Dover, they will not just be queues with UK goods in, they will also be queues with 40 percent of Irish exports in.”
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11522 ... est-update
Er
The Irish shipping industry has seen a marked increase in business as companies bypass British ports amid Brexit fears.

Irish ports have been forced to adapt quickly and increase capacity for direct sailings to continental EU ports as manufacturers increasingly see Irish ports like Dublin and Rosslare as an alternative to the landbridge.

The landbridge is the UK transit route linking Ireland and mainland Europe, and an estimated 150,000 Irish trucks and three million tonnes of goods travel through the UK for export to the EU each year.

Currently, two-and-a-half times more goods move on direct routes from Dublin than via the UK landbridge, and that number is expected to increase.
https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2019/032 ... -shipping/

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The EU helped fund a dual carriageway that bypassed a particularly dangerous, twisty, steep road between Llandowror and Red Roses in Pembrokeshire that was used by the huge trucks passing through Fishguard and Pembroke Dock to Dover (and all points between).

I'm sure the EU approval of the funding was partly for the benefit of the EU but in the years before the bypass was opened there were five deaths on that four mile twisty road that I know of and I've only been here 20 years. The deaths weren't lorry related, mainly inexperienced young drivers.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Daley Mayle wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:13 pm
The EU helped fund a dual carriageway that bypassed a particularly dangerous, twisty, steep road between Llandowror and Red Roses in Pembrokeshire that was used by the huge trucks passing through Fishguard and Pembroke Dock to Dover (and all points between).

I'm sure the EU approval of the funding was partly for the benefit of the EU but in the years before the bypass was opened there were five deaths on that four mile twisty road that I know of and I've only been here 20 years. The deaths weren't lorry related, mainly inexperienced young drivers.
I've just spent the past few days renting a holiday home near Abergavenny - I might have mentioned how gobsmackingly impressed I am at the astounding beauty of the whole Monmouthshire and mid Wales area - and we couldn't help noticing the massive civil engineering project that is the construction of the expanded A465 Heads of the Valleys road out to Merthyr is funded by the European Union Regional Development fund.

Still, blue passports, eh ?
Labour, Generally.

I've just seen a picture of Jon Lansman on Fento[…]

Mark Francois MP

Probably as a spud-basher in the NAAFI.

The Sun

I wouldn't even trust that. I'd have to check the […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Doctor Who is mostly a right load of old pish, t[…]