Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 73.6 % ❤ 1.4 % :thumbsup: 6.9 % :grinning: 11.1 % 🧥 1.4 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 1.4 % :shit: 2.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
If there really is nothing to see, I assume Corbyn will be cool with throwing everything open and having a transparent process and a truly independent body make decisions then?

All having senior staff interfere does is give them impression there’s something to hide or they have an agenda to water down sanctions for people who they don’t think really did anything *bad*.
lord_kobel, oboogie, Oblomov liked this
disgruntled centrists suddenly taking umbridge with facets of the party they didn't see fit to comment on for years.

I don’t take umbridge because I’m not the victim. Going back 2016 I believed this antisemitism row was a load of nonsense being stirred up by Israel’s wingebag rebuttal unit which had previously been busy moaning about Ed Miliband. But this poison is something else and followed Corbyn into the party.
Timbo liked this
youngian wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:51 pm
disgruntled centrists suddenly taking umbridge with facets of the party they didn't see fit to comment on for years.

I don’t take umbridge because I’m not the victim. Going back 2016 I believed this antisemitism row was a load of nonsense being stirred up by Israel’s wingebag rebuttal unit which had previously been busy moaning about Ed Miliband. But this poison is something else and followed Corbyn into the party.

People don't take umbridge. They do sometimes take umbrage, though. Just sayin' .
There’s always this, of course:

http://www.thetower.org/7326-campaign-g ... te-labour/

That’s 15,000 screenshots of antisemitic behaviour, language, memes, imagery and so on that the EHRC have to sift through.

Let’s be super generous and say that 50% is straight-up repetition. And then say that half of what’s left is found to be fair criticism, open to interpretation etc. That’s still over 3500 examples of screenshotted, recorded, documented antisemitism by people involved in Labour. Not hearsay or rumour.

Still, I’m sure it’s all nothing.
Timbo, oboogie liked this
Winegums wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:18 pm
So all you know is there's a big list.
Which corbyn can't be bothered to actually investigate.
Winegums wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:18 pm
Not that there's any veracity to the complaints
If that was true, then corbyn could prove that by, you know, actually investigating them.
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:02 pm
There’s always this, of course:

http://www.thetower.org/7326-campaign-g ... te-labour/

That’s 15,000 screenshots of antisemitic behaviour, language, memes, imagery and so on that the EHRC have to sift through.

Let’s be super generous and say that 50% is straight-up repetition. And then say that half of what’s left is found to be fair criticism, open to interpretation etc. That’s still over 3500 examples of screenshotted, recorded, documented antisemitism by people involved in Labour. Not hearsay or rumour.

Still, I’m sure it’s all nothing.
Or it could be nothing. We'll have to wait and see. Until then we still have no evidence of widespread antisemitism amongst members.
Interesting piece on The Lobby.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/i ... t-1.486494

As the Labour antisemitism storm has reared its ugly head again following a BBC Panorama documentary, in their attempt to defend the Labour Party, hardcore Corbynites have been flagging up a different documentary - a four part ‘expose’ by Al Jazeera called The Lobby.

People determined to rubbish claims of Labour’s now glaringly obvious antisemitism problem are citing The Lobby as evidence that the crisis is not the fault of its racist members but Israeli determination to interfere in British politics.
Since it was some time ago, it is worth revisiting what the Al Jazeera documentary actually ‘uncovered’ after six months of secret filming.

It presented its programme with a gusto that suggested it had footage of Benjamin Netanyahu flying into London on a private jet and handing cash-filled envelopes to Israel-friendly Labour MPs in a disused London underground station.

The allegation was that Israel was engaged in plots to bring down government ministers it did not like or thought were unsympathetic to its aims.
Winegums wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:41 pm
Or it could be nothing. We'll have to wait and see. Until then we still have no evidence of widespread antisemitism amongst members.
“Show me evidence”
“Well there are the 200+ complaints”
“No, they don’t count”
“Well, there’s the behaviour of people like Jackie Walker and Chris Williamson, and of course Corbyn himself. And that new MP who shared something antisemitic on Facebook”
“Old news, doesn’t count either”
“Well there’s these 15,000 screenshotted examples”
“No, they don’t count either”
“So official logged complaints don’t count. Actions documented by witnesses and on video don’t count. Examples serious enough to send to an independent investigator don’t count. That doesn’t leave much that you think does count, does it?”
“See? Told you it was all fabricated”
Boiler, oboogie, Malcolm Armsteen and 3 others liked this
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:32 pm
Winegums wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:41 pm
“Show me evidence”
“Well there are the 200+ complaints”
“No, they don’t count”
“Well, there’s the behaviour of people like Jackie Walker and Chris Williamson, and of course Corbyn himself. And that new MP who shared something antisemitic on Facebook”
“Old news, doesn’t count either”
“Well there’s these 15,000 screenshotted examples”
“No, they don’t count either”
“So official logged complaints don’t count. Actions documented by witnesses and on video don’t count. Examples serious enough to send to an independent investigator don’t count. That doesn’t leave much that you think does count, does it?”
“See? Told you it was all fabricated”
Literally just show me the examples. Not lists of complaints. In all this time, across all these vox pops and interviews and endless Guardian articles, there must be a few smoking guns? 15'000 screenshots and they couldn't release a few redacted ones to the media? Again, when we see islamophobic output from the Tories we can usually see the article/post/tweet/whatever, why is there no actual, y'know, evidence, for this AS stuff?
Winegums wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:34 am

Literally just show me the examples. Not lists of complaints. In all this time, across all these vox pops and interviews and endless Guardian articles, there must be a few smoking guns? 15'000 screenshots and they couldn't release a few redacted ones to the media? Again, when we see islamophobic output from the Tories we can usually see the article/post/tweet/whatever, why is there no actual, y'know, evidence, for this AS stuff?
I would assume most of the screenshotted stuff is in Corbynist FB groups, local Labour activist groups and the like. Stuff I’m not in. I also don’t have access to the Labour complaints procedure. Other stuff you can google fairly easily, or scroll through here (but I am sure they will all be the wrong type, or just a few cranks, or something - and I’m sure the fact that when there has been complaints these have gone nowhere is just an administrative error):

https://twitter.com/gnasherjew?lang=en

Here’s a good one with specific, screenshot examples:

But what are you worried about? If it’s 15,000 screenshots of someone’s cat, and the complaints are just snowflakes stirring up shit for Corbyn it’ll be fine.

In the meantime, once again the Lib Dems/Greens/PC/SNP thank you for your continued efforts to redistribute Labour votes.
lord_kobel, Oblomov, oboogie liked this
HIGNFY

Can't agree there - the BBC is now the only provid[…]

Labour, Generally.

I can't help thinking that if Corbyn had provided […]

The new leader of the Labour Party

Kendall deserved the crap she got because she was […]

2019 General Election

Corbyn comes across as weak to many, his tactic[…]