Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 62.6 % ❤ 1.3 % :thumbsup: 5.2 % 😯 1 % :grinning: 21 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 2 % 😟 1.6 % :cry: 2.6 % :shit: 1.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Couple of years ago it might have been at least vaguely based on affection. Now it’s basically a meme, but the cult are treating it as if it’s still genuine affection - as if there’s some massive swelling of support for Jeremy. Support who love him to pieces but weirdly can’t ever be arsed to turn up and vote Labour.

Must be all those awful centrist MPs, I suppose.

By Malcolm Armsteen
I'm not sure how many scouts are enfranchised at the moment. Certainly none of my grand-daughter's patrol are, as they are all 10 or 11.

By crabcakes_windermere
Also, what’s more likely - kids and teens with a genuine love for a boring old guy who bangs on about buses, or kids and teens copying something they saw at Glasto that was itself copying something from a few years back when it was counterculture?

By Abernathy
Chris Mullin's classic has had an update to its front cover. Now it's "the novel that foretold the rise of Jeremy Corbyn".

There's just the one, teensy weensy flaw with that. Can you tell what it is ?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (104.92 KiB) Viewed 556 times

By Abernathy
Tumbleweed here, eh? Corbyn's obviously off peoples' radar right now for some reason.

Anyhoo, the answer to the conundrum is that Harry Perkins actually won an election.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Corbyn slags off and defies the party leadership - that's a sign of independence and integrity.
Shadow cabinet member (Lady Hayter) criticises Corbyn - instant dismissal.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... n-comments
The Ilford North Labour MP, Wes Streeting, said Hayter’s sacking was a “gross over-reaction to a comment that was actually about Jeremy Corbyn’s bunker mentality”.
He added: “This sacking only reinforces her point. The speed of this sacking shows that Labour’s leader is quick to act to protect his feelings, but slow to act against racists. The double standards are extraordinary.

By davidjay
Abernathy wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:59 pm
Tumbleweed here, eh? Corbyn's obviously off peoples' radar right now for some reason.

Anyhoo, the answer to the conundrum is that Harry Perkins actually won an election.
The other answer could be that nobody would piss themselves laughing at Harry Perkins.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Sacked for using a common figure of speech? With the rider that it was offensive to Jewish party members? Insult to injury.

What planet? I want to go there for my holidays.
Boiler liked this
The Trump Presidency

On the positive side neoliberalism is dying, inc[…]

The Northern Irish thread

She'll have to make 98 or 103 in order to out[…]

Labour, Generally.

If you'd won the argument, you'd be in Downing Str[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Johnson went to Brussels to agree to accept the […]