Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 42.9 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 6.8 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 36.2 % 🧥 0.4 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 2.4 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:38 am
Giles Fraser has tried to pin PFI on the Maastricht Treaty.

There's some truth in that as there was an economic imperative to shadow the Eurozone criteria on the PBSR or else confidence in Sterling would plummet and increase borrowing costs. Austerity loving Blair and Brown promised to significantly boost health and education spending which would further damage confidence by raising spending levels in a very short period of time. PFI was essentially off-balance-sheet accounting that would still be cheaper than paying the price of problems outlined above. I'm not entirely convinced by PFI but its not the big villain its painted out to be. The thought of Giles Fraser managing the nation's finances is as a grim as Rees Mogg.

What's happened to People's QE Corbynomics? Does Jez know the evil neoliberals at the ECB have been practising it to the tune of €1Tn?

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
There's lots of future service costs included in the headline numbers which aren't included in the "capital cost only £x" figures. I once tried to explain to an intellectual Marxist on another board the difference between debt and liabilities, but didn't get a reply.

By Tubby Isaacs
The author is part of something called "Full Brexit".

https://www.thefullbrexit.com/proposals

As ever, Lexit has a fair bit in common with Rees Mogg Brexit.
Contrary to Remainer opinion, it is possible to solve the question of the Irish border using technology already used elsewhere in Europe.

By bluebellnutter
Honestly I think some of this lot are so radicalised you could tell them the EU had banned jumping off cliffs and they'd be down Beachy Head ASAP to show the EU who's boss
lord_kobel, youngian, spoonman and 1 others liked this

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:10 am
Oh, here's another one. Another Baby Boomer.

https://www.indy100.com/article/brexit- ... io-9010961
Having a septugenarian mother named Christine myself caused a brief moment of panic until I realised she's actually 71, remain to her boots, and has about as much time for Farage as she does for Ken Barlow. (A vendetta fast approaching sixty years)

By bluebellnutter
bluebellnutter wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:30 am
Honestly I think some of this lot are so radicalised you could tell them the EU had banned jumping off cliffs and they'd be down Beachy Head ASAP to show the EU who's boss
LITERALLY AS IF TO PROVE MY POINT - this is a piss take but 29% of people want to ban it.

By Tubby Isaacs
Stewart Jackson having his arse kicked spectacularly by Femi. "The Malthouse Compromise" is the way forwards apparently.

According to Jackson, Philip Hammond wouldn't allow preparation for No Deal, but we'll be fine anyway because we've done lots of preparation. Femi pointed out that Johnson said "million to one", which doesn't sound like something spending a lot of money on.
The Trump Presidency

On the positive side neoliberalism is dying, inc[…]

The Northern Irish thread

She'll have to make 98 or 103 in order to out[…]

Labour, Generally.

If you'd won the argument, you'd be in Downing Str[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Johnson went to Brussels to agree to accept the […]