Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 31.2 % ❤ 6.4 % :thumbsup: 8.3 % 😯 4.6 % :grinning: 41.3 % 🧥 0.9 % 🙏 0.9 % 😟 0.9 % :cry: 4.6 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Well, I suppose to be fair, may as well give him a chance. You never know, he might be OK all of a sudden.

Although there's more of a chance of me being cast in the next Marvel film.

By Boiler
A writer for the NY Times has a fairly forthright opinion:
Mr. Johnson, whose laziness is proverbial and opportunism legendary, is a man well practiced in deceit, a pander willing to tickle the prejudices of his audience for easy gain. His personal life is incontinent, his public record inconsequential.

And his premiership could bring about the end of Britain itself.
He prizes victory above government — his first ambition as a child was to be “world king” — and his political career has been marked by ferocity of campaigning and indifference in office, as both London mayor and foreign secretary. His contempt of scrutiny is plain to see: He was irked and petulant when challenged over budget cuts, the waste of public money on vanity projects or diplomatic gaffes. His easy talk of parliamentary prorogation — effectively suspending the legislature — may be a taste of the chaos to come.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/22/opin ... itain.html

Worth adding the author of the piece is a co-founder of Novara Media.

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I partly blame the BBC, and particularly HIGNFY, for the popularity of him and Farage. Giving them a platform on a light entertainment show to a wide audience, "normalising" them, having a laugh and a joke with them. "Boris is just a bumbling buffoon" and Nigel a regular fella who likes a pint and a laugh. Fuck that right off in future.
lord_kobel, Oblomov, Arrowhead and 2 others liked this
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Ever since news started chasing ratings and becoming light entertainment. Since politics became a thing, a genre, rather than imbued in everything we do.
Samanfur liked this

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Agreed on both counts. In all seriousness, I'm disgusted at Nick Robinson's recent conversion to broadcasting dire warnings about where we're headed, having for so long granted UKIP in general and Farage in particular top billing in those far-off days before Plastic Dave bottled it.
Labour, Generally.

A Jewish Voice for Labour genius speaks. https://[…]

And on they go... Prince William and Kate go[…]

The Tories, Generally

The nasty party strikes again. Tory treasurer […]

The Sun

Boris has an opportunity. Let’s hope the re[…]