Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 35.9 % ❤ 12.8 % :thumbsup: 10.3 % 😯 2.6 % :grinning: 33.3 % 🧥 2.6 % :cry: 2.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
On reflection, they could have probably won those and a somewhat later general election that actually took place with a Norway stance.

The "mustn't grumble" centre ground would have given the green light, albeit with little enthusiasm.

We'll never know.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:41 am

Time and time again I say this: how come those so proud of their country (c/w little Union Jack/St. George Cross) are unable to command its language?
I thought Treorchi was a town in Wales till I met the Brexit Party.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:35 pm
Time and time again I say this: how come those so proud of their country (c/w little Union Jack/St. George Cross) are unable to command its language?

Indeed. It is quite uncanny.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Right wing politics/inability to use language in a mature manner.
Two effects of the same cause.

Lack of intelligence.
Boiler liked this

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:35 pm
Boiler wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:41 am

I thought Treorchi was a town in Wales till I met the Brexit Party.
I believe they are famous for their choir

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Brexit Party MP Candidates –
Chums and Comrades
THE INTRIGUE CONTINUES

Otto English
6 August 2019

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/08/06/brex ... continues/

Oversight must be catching because it also inflicted another candidate, Viral Parikh, a serving Conservative councillor in West Sussex. When I approached his local Conservative Association for comment, it seemed taken aback to discover that one of its number was planning to run for a completely different party in a completely different place. Mr Parikh told me that he “was waiting (for) confirmation from Brexit Party about the PPC”, before resigning from the Tories.

It’s not just the Conservatives who are defecting to the Brexit Party. Veteran Labour politician Colin Lambert, the former leader of Rochdale Council, is prospective parliamentary candidate (PCC) for Heywood and Middleton.

Tom Bewick, a Labour ‘stalwart’ who was education committee chair on Brighton and Hove City Council and chair of Vote Leave Brighton during the 2016 EU Referendum is standing against Amber Rudd.

And there’s always space for UKIP deserters. Councillor, failed UKIP candidate and sometime leader of the ‘Tribune Party’ Adrian Myers, is hoping to gain a seat in Great Yarmouth.

See also -

Steve Bannon and Nigel Farage's 'World for Brexit'
What is their Opaque New US Lobbying Group About?

Turlough Conway
1 August 2019
https://bylinetimes.com/2019/08/01/bann ... in-brexit/

By Malcolm Armsteen
I started to formulate an explanation of why that was one of the stupidest things I've ever read, but I couldn't be bothered. It's too far off the scale.

We must never look at the possible consequences of any action before we commit to it...

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:09 am
I wonder where we'd be now if that plane had hit the ground harder?
It's like an alternate reality in which that Farmer didn't capture Rudolf Hess.

By Snowflake
Boiler wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:09 am
I wonder where we'd be now if that plane had hit the ground harder?
Probably with a right wing populist party lead by Griffin. The writing was on the wall during the 2012 world cup when all those Cross of St George flags were flying from car windows. Always suspected that in the majority of cases it had precious little to do with football.
By Andy McDandy
There's nothing new about Ingerlund flags, not since Euro 96.

Griffin was too obviously a thug. Under him the appeal of the BNP may have grown, but it never escaped the council estates. What Fargle managed, shit that he is, was to make his bigotry acceptable among the general public. Done simply by changing the message from "send them all back" to "I'm not racist but...".

He also capitalised on the predictable love of the British public for an upper class eccentric.
2019 General Election

I'm not defending Corbyn and the cult because they[…]

The Trump Presidency

I've always wondered what would have happened if S[…]

Peter Hitchens

Hitchens claims that BJ is the new Blair. For so[…]

Christopher Chope

Lib Dems +9.9, Green +1.6 Labour -7.2 Overall tur[…]