•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Climate change is a handy shibboleth for initiated alt-righters to identify themselves.

It doubles as a mechanism to sift out the scientifically and logically literate form among their marks.
The Mail are loving this and as you can imagine, their readers are lapping it up.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (148.07 KiB) Viewed 1962 times

I think The Sun and the Mail do have a bit of a problem, though. Has Farage not served his purpose now and he's a genuine threat to the Tories? It just depends on whether the Mail and Sun risk the wrath of their readers by turning on Farage considering the way both sets of readers idolise Farage.

It's all fun and games when he's attacking Prince Harry and his mixed race wife but I suspect they do wish he'd quietly fuck off and not split the Tory vote.
...the Queen's mother was a slightly overweight, chain-smoking gin drinker...
Quoting a (likely) slightly overweight alcoholic whom still doesn't drink enough of it to hide his fag breath.
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:12 pm
The Mail are loving this and as you can imagine, their readers are lapping it up.

Capture.JPG

I think The Sun and the Mail do have a bit of a problem, though. Has Farage not served his purpose now and he's a genuine threat to the Tories? It just depends on whether the Mail and Sun risk the wrath of their readers by turning on Farage considering the way both sets of readers idolise Farage.

It's all fun and games when he's attacking Prince Harry and his mixed race wife but I suspect they do wish he'd quietly fuck off and not split the Tory vote.
This is anecdotal and a incredibly small section of Tory voters but I can't imagine the retired servicemen in the Cotswolds take too kindly to Farage's remarks.
spoonman wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:59 pm
...the Queen's mother was a slightly overweight, chain-smoking gin drinker...
Quoting a (likely) slightly overweight alcoholic whom still doesn't drink enough of it to hide his fag breath.
Maybe Farage is hinting that he also intends to live to 101 - like Hitler did in Brazil - or something.
Has it occurred to any of the naysayers that with all the bile heading in Meg's direction its not a good idea to use regular public transport from a security standpoint?
Does also make me wonder what would happen if Brenda piped up and said "Oi! Knock it off!" which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Although not perhaps using that exact phrase, I concede.
An irreverent no mark but The Sun's Jane Moore is a proper cunt.

Here she is trying to claim the press had nothing to do with Princess Diana's death and even if they did, so what? They should still be allowed to run a hate campaign against her son.

it’s widely acknowledged that Princess Diana was safely ensconced inside the Paris Ritz when she and Dodi took the fateful decision to leave their suite at midnight and get in a car that, unbeknown to them, was being driven by someone 3.5 times over the limit and speeding.

A French judicial investigation concluded that the photographers were not near the Mercedes when it crashed.

But even if they had been, just like the detracting cry of “racism”, Harry’s tragic loss of his mother shouldn’t be used to try to shut down valid criticism about him and Meghan virtue-signalling their “woke” credentials

JANE MOORE Harry and Meghan, we don’t all have mega-rich pals to offset our carbon footprints

AMERICAN politician Adlai Stevenson once said a hypocrite was someone “who would cut down a redwood tree, then mount the stump and make a speech for conservation”.

Or how about a member of the Royal Family who tells everyone else to do their bit for climate change before boarding a private jet to a destination that has ­several commercial flights a day?

As per usual, those who wish to shut down valid criticism of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are wilfully and wrongfully suggesting that the jibes are rooted in racism. Or perhaps it’s gingerism?

Either way, it’s smoke-and-mirrors nonsense designed to deflect from the reality that the public is wearied and irritated by the constant proselytising of a young couple who don’t appear to practise what they preach.

This is the problem when Royal Family members abandon the monarchy’s long-held tenet of “never complain, never explain” and start making political statements about how the proles should live their lives.

It’s an obvious side-effect that, emboldened by the proliferation of social media, one’s once loyal subjects might rise up and have a few strident opinions of their own.

Particularly when they’ve just contributed £2.4million for your “cottage” to be done up.

Sir Elton John — with whom they have been staying on their most recent holiday to Nice — appears to blame the media for what he claims was a “distorted and malicious” account of the trip, adding for good measure that he wanted to protect the young couple from the “unnecessary press intrusion that contributed to Diana’s untimely death”.

Hmmm. Putting aside the observation that if you want to avoid press coverage then boarding a private plane to stay with an A-lister is perhaps ill-advised, it’s widely acknowledged that Princess Diana was safely ensconced inside the Paris Ritz when she and Dodi took the fateful decision to leave their suite at midnight and get in a car that, unbeknown to them, was being driven by someone 3.5 times over the limit and speeding.

A French judicial investigation concluded that the photographers were not near the Mercedes when it crashed.

But even if they had been, just like the detracting cry of “racism”, Harry’s tragic loss of his mother shouldn’t be used to try to shut down valid criticism about him and Meghan virtue-signalling their “woke” credentials then hopping on four flights that emit an estimated seven tonnes of CO2.

Judging by online message boards, the Diana-loving public certainly aren’t buying it.

I’ve been a journalist for a long time and know that, whatever I choose to write, people make up their own mind about the issues of the day.

And the majority view on the royal couple’s gas-guzzling transportation is that it’s hypocritical.

Equally, climate change activists say the same. Or are they being misquoted by the evil media?

Harry’s impeccably dutiful grandmother the Queen understands that the role of the Royal Family is to turn up to a community centre on a wet and windy day and shake the hands of those in society who put in real graft on behalf of others — therefore highlighting a good cause and hopefully encouraging others to do their bit.

In other words, leading by example rather than constantly telling everyone how they should be thinking and feeling.

Particularly when the Smiths of Acacia Avenue are being made to feel guilty for boarding a budget airline on their one week’s holiday a year and don’t have multi-millionaire friends to offset their carbon foot-print with an “appropriate contribution” to a climate change initiative.

It’s a simple truth that, were the Sussexes buckling down and just quietly getting on with their royal duties like Princess Anne et al, they could visit Beyonce/George/Elton/whoever on privately-funded luxury flights and few would question it.

But entitled “do as we say, not as we do” hypocrisy should always be called out.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

https://twitter.com/john3ners/status/1186748275686[…]

Hammond has got reselected anyway. Same with Ann[…]

@Timbo gonnae pm me the creds?

Richard Littlejohn

:lol: