Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 57.3 % ❤ 1.3 % :thumbsup: 10.8 % 😯 1.3 % :grinning: 21.7 % 🧥 0.6 % 🙏 0.6 % 😟 3.2 % :cry: 1.9 % :shit: 1.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Further evidence overnight of Labour badly losing it's way in Cambridge. To surrender this seat having secured a 12,000+ majority in 2017, and with one of Labour's most pro-European MP's (Daniel Zeichner) already in place, would be quite an achievement.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Newnham is LD territory so Labour didn’t expect to win but from what canvassers told me of reactions on the doorstep they will be happy it’s as high as 18%.

Even worse this was the Worcester in GE2017

Conservative 24,713 48.1%
Labour 22,223 43.2%
Liberal Democrat 1,757 3.4%

And last night.

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I'd spotted the Worcester result but, seeing as Labour had previously only been at 14% I assumed Claines wasn't an especially favourable area in the first place.

I know it won't happen, but if Daniel Zeichner were in a mischievous mood he could stand down as an MP and force the mother of all by-elections on the Labour leadership. I seem to recall he was one of those unceremoniously booted from the shadow cabinet for having the temerity to express support for a softer Brexit which included continued membership of the SM and CU.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts

Couple of cultists think this is a cunning plan to dodge bad faith questions on anti-Semitism. More likely it was a cunning plan to avoid being asked what Labour's Brexit policy was again.

This is like in 2011-2 when the Coalition didn't want to answer any questions about the slowdown and stuck up (then) backbencher Michael Fallon. Except Labour are in opposition and looking what should be a gift horse in the mouth.

Wes Streeting off his own bat did the Fallon job.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Yeah, I suppose they didn't want another Long-Bailey "Let Boris of the hook".

Peter Dowd is number 2 to McDonnell in the Shadow Treasury. Couldn't they stick him up? Had the same brief for 2.5 years. I feel I ought to know him better than I do. Is he absolutely hopeless or something?

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Long game genius, or something.

Labour will get some of those back off the Lib Dems/ Greens. But Johnson will get a few of those Brexit Party voters back in a "people v EU elites" election. And he won't be frozen in the headlines like May or tied down by Big Phil's spreadsheet. People want more cops and nurses? Johnson'll promise them.
oboogie liked this
MMR Jab

Long after it was debunked they liked to ride two […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

He's absolutely running down the clock, because […]

The Sun

Song of the Yellowhammer "A little bit of br[…]

Dominic Lawson

He's right about it being stupidly hot in the Med […]