•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:24 pm
Perhaps the Home Office could hire Antonio Fargas as Huggy Bear to lead an anti knife crime campaign
All those lovely little michelin one-star gastropubs in the Shires will have drop boxes for dodgy share trades, presumably.

By Tubby Isaacs
Intrigued by this link.

https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/201 ... -extended/
The Home Secretary Priti Patel announced yesterday (Sunday) that a pilot easing restrictions around emergency stop and search powers has been extended to all 43 police forces in England and Wales.
The Metropolitan Police has credited stop and searches of all types in helping to reduce knife-related injuries among under 25s by 15% in 2017/18
Am I reading this right? I thought London was the worst thing going. In fact, it's reduced knife injuries significantly and what's been done there is being copied all over the country?

It is London where the pilot was done, right? Nowhere else is mentioned.

By Tubby Isaacs
Freedom of movement into the UK will be banned from October 31 in the event of a no deal exit, as Priti Patel signals there will be no grace period
Per the Telegraph (paywall).

Notorious immigration softy, Theresa May, had ruled this out. I give Patel till tomorrow before she rules it out.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:31 pm
Freedom of movement into the UK will be banned from October 31 in the event of a no deal exit, as Priti Patel signals there will be no grace period

Notorious immigration softy, Theresa May, had ruled this out. I give Patel till tomorrow before she rules it out.
Let's hope that there is some grown up supervision in the room. Experts, as we used to call them but don't hold yer breath. This muppetry will not survive ten seconds' contact with the real world of their No Deal bravado. The fear is that the gown ups just can't be doing with the ball-ache.

My S-i-L, for example, is on the front line for touch-and-go stroke cases in Bristol. All travel plans for her and her family beyond the end of September are on ice.
Tubby Isaacs, youngian liked this

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:31 pm

So, how does that work for the border between the UK and The Republic of Ireland?

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Already agreed that the Common Travel Area will continue, as it pre-dates the EU and both sides have agreed to deem it as remaining in force. The problem at the border there is goods, rather than people.
2019 General Election

Whispers abound that Boris Johnson and Laura Pid[…]

Boris Johnson

https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/796[…]

The Biased BBC

It was Labour Uncut. http://labour-uncut.co.uk/20[…]

The Tories, Generally

Nobody wants a false accusation of assault.