•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Snowflake
Andy McDandy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:12 am
There's nothing new about Ingerlund flags, not since Euro 96.
I just seem to recall around that time people were hanging them out of their windows, and not just when the football was on. You hardly seem to see one now, at least not in the places I've lived.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Farage's net approval ratings are about the same as Farage's. Both are hecklers who bathe in the sycophancy of their supporters. And reveal themselves to be thinned skinned, shallow and petulant when impertinent journalists put them on the spot. And neither in their hearts want the responsiblity of power.

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It had long been said that a far-right party with a charismatic leader and without the baggage of street fighting and marches would do well, simply by tapping into the deep-rooted English sense of xenophobia. That, and we love a boss who gives the impression he'd be a lot happier on the factory floor than in an office and having a pint with the lads at the end of the day than having to attend another bloody tedious cocktail party with all those chinless bankers and politicians. Even though in reality he'd run a mile from anything that smacked of the plebs.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Snowflake wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:00 am
Andy McDandy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:12 am
There's nothing new about Ingerlund flags, not since Euro 96.
I just seem to recall around that time people were hanging them out of their windows, and not just when the football was on. You hardly seem to see one now, at least not in the places I've lived.
Yes...because the PC, liberal, tree-huggers have got them banned because we can't upset you know who from the local mosque
Snowflake liked this

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:28 pm
Why do these people do this?
If only King Canute had a twitter account. :(
oboogie liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:38 pm
Eh?
Cnut's chair is often seen as a thought experiment to ridicule the optimistic faith of his brown-nosing courtiers.

Other interpretations include:

Misunderstood title of a land-reclamation project courtesy of a monkist historian.

The king was indeed mental on account of mushrooms / fungus.
On the Radio

Listening to The Reunion (partly) on Radio 4 whi[…]

The Northern Irish thread

Well, one bus company in Ballymena would appear to[…]

I think it's a car advert, it's always on, with th[…]

The Trump Presidency

A glance at his presser today reveals that he's […]