Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 56.6 % ❤ 1.3 % :thumbsup: 11.9 % 😯 1.3 % :grinning: 21.4 % 🧥 0.6 % 🙏 0.6 % 😟 3.1 % :cry: 1.9 % :shit: 1.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:16 pm
Somebody suggested Brexit wasn't one of the initial prompts in that poll. That would understate the Brexit score.
That seems to be the case, i.e. Farage's mob are underrepresented because, for whatever reason, this particular polling organisation chose not list them as a choice alongside the more established parties. A peculiar decision, since they topped a nationwide election only a few short weeks ago in May.

I'm not for a minute suggesting that things aren't a bit grim for Labour right now, but it certainly doesn't feel like the Tories are quite that far ahead, or anything like to be honest.

By Arrowhead
oboogie wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:51 pm
If the LibDems don't win back Sheffield Hallam now they really need to pack up and go home.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... B6SwuYvfV4
I suspect a general election will have been called before a by-election takes place in Sheffield Hallam. But either way, Labour may as well not bother turning up in this particular constituency for a few election cycles. What an absolute fiasco.
oboogie liked this

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:51 pm
Moaning about the electorate in Norwich who didn't care about the real issues and told her Jez was no good.
Hello. Member of the Norwich electorate here. Unfortunately that tweet has disappeared, so I have no idea what it said, but to be fair, I would be saying that Jez is no good

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
‘Deselect Norwich’ was among the amusing suggestions on that thread. If Corbyn’s even tanking with left-leaning middle-class voters in Norwich alarm bells should be ringing. I doubt Norwich’s traditionally strong working-class Labour vote thinks any differently about him.
Last edited by youngian on Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

By davidjay
cycloon wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:48 am
'Are we out of touch?'
'No, it's the voters that are wrong!'

It may not be fun or ideal or pleasing, but this is the fucking core of electoral politics.
And they have to be taught that we are right and they are wrong. This sounds like the depressing sort of conversation I've had more than once.
The Sun

middle-class, artichoke-chompers They've moved […]

C**t of the day

The RNLI_disgrace hashtag on Twitter is giving me […]

Local journalism at its best

Anyone under the age of forty should have to have […]

An appropriate time to use the term 'virtue signal[…]