Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 56.6 % ❤ 1.3 % :thumbsup: 11.9 % 😯 1.3 % :grinning: 21.4 % 🧥 0.6 % 🙏 0.6 % 😟 3.1 % :cry: 1.9 % :shit: 1.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
youngian wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:51 am
Mann said: “The Jewish community is the canary in the cage for the health of everybody else and society. That has been the case throughout history.

Or use them for cover when you run poisonous anti-immigrant campaigns in a constituency that has low immigration rates.
Ah yes, something La Fenton has picked up on: https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... xpert.html

By Boiler
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:28 am
Why are we taking Fenton seriously?
Just because he writes stuff you consistently disagree with is not a reason to invalidate his opinion. The reader is free to draw their own conclusions as to the value of his writing.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
I don't consistently agree with him, and I regularly disagree with the comments he attracts.

His strength is a keen eye for important stories that don't get the media airing they rightly deserve.
I find him spot-on in that respect.
Boiler liked this

By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:33 pm
The Weeping Angel wrote:
I don't consistently agree with him, and I regularly disagree with the comments he attracts.
If you're feeling mischievous though, the comments are good if you fancy a bit of Corbynista-baiting :wink:

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:46 am
Is Tom Watson making a mistake here?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49657006
In what sense? He is absolutely correct in what he says. No "credible leave option" exists or is possible - Barnier and Juncker have said so repeatedly. There is no possible Brexit that is better than remaining. The 2016 "mandate" was never valid in the first place and is any case hopelessly out of date. And any general election held before the Brexit farrago has reached a conclusion of sorts via a new referendum risks having vital issues being corrupted and distorted by Brexit lies propagated by the ERG, and Farage's crew of swivel-eyed cunts.

In short, Corbyn's preferred strategy is all kinds of wrong and risks losing the election. Tom has a duty to speak up about this and despite McCluskey's disgusting dismissal of his arguments, his views are highly relevant.

Conference will decide upon the final shape of the policy, and we can only hope that insufficient delegates from The Cult have managed to manoeuvre themselves into position as delegates in order blindly to support Corbyn's idiotic strategy. What Tom is doing is little different from what Prescott did back in 1993, when he delivered a barnstorming speech to conference to persuade delegates to support OMOV in accordance with John Smith's desired direction. The difference this time is that the Deputy Leader is seeking a policy direction at odds with that preferred by the leader, but the principle is the same. Tom's intervention on this just ahead of conference is perfectly timed, and fully justified.
lord_kobel liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Referendum before the election isn't happening, but I find the reaction to this a bit odd. "Not voting Labour because Watson doesn't back Jez up enough"- said nobody. Compare that with "Not voting Labour because Corbyn"- said lots of people. It's not like Watson's blowing apart some brilliantly crafted position on Brexit. See below (apologies for the source)

Abernathy liked this
Janet Street-Porter

I'm sure there's a Media studies Ph.D in this. Go[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

See Farage and his lickspittles have acted like pe[…]

The Sun

Its central bank now reckons a third of its far[…]

The Today Programme

Sadly, I didn't hear this (apologies for the sourc[…]