•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Agreed, I've been meaning to delete it for a while rather than re-set it. Any snapshot like that will always be out-of-date quickly and doesn't belong attached to what has become the main party thread.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
So, the idea of chucking A50 in the bin, and never ever speaking of it again really isn't going to work is it?

Whilst it would be ideal if it it were possible, it just isn't feasible. Revoking so we can work out what the hell we're doing would be OK, as would ditching it following a second referendum. But just going round saying "Nope. Never happened" is, I suspect, only going to make things worse.
Arrowhead liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:29 am
So, the idea of chucking A50 in the bin, and never ever speaking of it again really isn't going to work is it?

Whilst it would be ideal if it it were possible, it just isn't feasible. Revoking so we can work out what the hell we're doing would be OK, as would ditching it following a second referendum. But just going round saying "Nope. Never happened" is, I suspect, only going to make things worse.
2 things here:
* LibDems can explore this sort of this as part of their minor party privilege.
* They would claim - and they may be constitutionally correct - that a party winning a majority with a policy up front and headline in their manifesto has achieved a mandate for that policy.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:

They've backed themselves into a corner, a people's vote is a better option in my view.
Arrowhead liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:35 pm
KevS wrote:

They've backed themselves into a corner, a people's vote is a better option in my view.
I agree the people's vote is better, but De Pfeffel won't be calling one, so it ain't gonna happen.

From a libdem perspective a policy lioke this allows them to go fishing for the votes of the 48%.
That's a good ambition for a party currently placed 4th in Westminster.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Of course they agree. Because it's not them affect[…]

The Tories, Generally

https://twitter.com/RalfLittle/status/119689848163[…]

The LibDems, generally

That reminds me of Rick Spleen's vague plans for […]

Nigel Farage

I'm sure Sgt Major Williams will be along to comme[…]