Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 34.5 % ❤ 6.3 % :thumbsup: 10.3 % 😯 2.9 % :grinning: 36.8 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 0.6 % 😟 2.3 % :cry: 4.6 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Recently, it has been termed the footballification of politics and I think that there is something in that. When their guy is scythed down in the box, he's a cheating bastard. When ours is felled by an imaginary Exocet, that was an absolute stonewaller.

I believe the phrase is "winning at all costs". Who's going to foot that bill?

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:50 pm
I believe the phrase is "winning at all costs". Who's going to foot that bill?
I'm reminded of this:
I have seen perfectly decent young men get carried away defending genocide and torture because that’s the only way to win. Those who are unable to do so are taught that they have no business having political opinions. The people assumed to be the future elite are not rewarded for getting the answer which is most correct, most compassionate or humane or even sensible - they’re rewarded for smashing the opposition.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts

Wow. Frankly, irrespective of your stance on Brexit, if you're taken in by this nonsense, then you're as dumb as a box of dirt.
Malcolm Armsteen, Cyclist, Boiler and 5 others liked this

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Also, on the front page Johnson says that he'll break the UK free from the EU like the Incredible Hulk - the angrier Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets.

Maybe not the best metaphor to make, as (allegedly) the last time Boris Johnson "Hulked up", the neighbours had to call the police.
By Tommy Gun
Membership Days
spoonman wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:34 pm
Also, on the front page Johnson says that he'll break the UK free from the EU like the Incredible Hulk - the angrier Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets.

Maybe not the best metaphor to make, as (allegedly) the last time Boris Johnson "Hulked up", the neighbours had to call the police.
Wasn't the Hulk an outcast from the rest of the world? Not a good analogy for his beloved hard brexit.
By Andy McDandy
Thing is, his style works on thick people because they, like he, are prone to wild flights of fancy only to see them shot down in flames by "experts".

When he says "Tell you what, a bridge from here to there, come on, bit of British ingenuity, you know, Isambard Kingdom Brunel and all that, bit of backbone, what's stopping us?", people remember the vision. When the boring engineer points out that no you can't, they've tuned out. All they remember is some dull person telling them no.

I seriously think this is the revenge of the kids who topped out at 14.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Johnson shows he knows sod all about comic books. The Incredible Hulk is the result of Bruce Banner's inner demons being made flesh and Banner's attemots to control that rage.

EDIT.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Bercow has to jump to server at tennis (Tr: He's short, a pipsqueak, probably suffering small man syndrome etc etc).

On a related note, has anybody noticed how Johnson always seems to be the shortest male in any political group shot.
Even Gove (A totol weed wiv face like a squashed tomato (Apologies Ronald Searle)) is a clear half head taller than him.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:27 pm
Bercow has to jump to server at tennis (Tr: He's short, a pipsqueak, probably suffering small man syndrome etc etc).

On a related note, has anybody noticed how Johnson always seems to be the shortest male in any political group shot.
Even Gove (A totol weed wiv face like a squashed tomato (Apologies Ronald Searle)) is a clear half head taller than him.
Double Apologies to Geoffrey Wiland who wrote the Molesworth books, Searle was the illustrator.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:06 pm
Sounds like the PM of Luxembourg is handing out a schooling to the UK government, telling it like it is.

Johnson has run away following protests.
Hulk flee!!
By Andy McDandy
Twitter is divided, as ever. One view is that he's gone from incredible Hulk to invisible man in less than 24 hours, and that he's been humiliated.

The other is that he's played a blinder by not walking into an obvious trap, who are Luxembourg anyway, and come November 1st we'll send the SAS round to sort out Herr Whatsisname.

I fucking despair.
Boiler liked this
George Galloway

Bryant doesn't have any children, as Galloway admi[…]

Trying to make sense of S Kinnock’s position[…]

David Cameron

Showing again why the much mocked cones hotline […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Yeah. Evil Owen Smith, and all that. I'm not clea[…]