Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 33.5 % ❤ 4.2 % :thumbsup: 17.5 % 😯 1.5 % :grinning: 25.5 % 🧥 2.4 % 🙏 3 % 😟 7.1 % :cry: 3.3 % :shit: 2.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Surely not? Is this "Fake Noos"?

If true, I'd not blame the EU for telling the UK to fuck off, and stay fucked off - and not to even think of re-applying ever again.
spoonman liked this
To be honest, I think it's to the EU's credit that they haven't done that months ago. Like I've said before, even if we revoked A50 this very instant, surely they'd want some sort of watertight legal undertaking that we won't try this shit again until the year six million or something
The Tories have breezed through the last 40 years with a friendly press and playing divide and rule.
It's been a very effective strategy.

They're stunned that the EU's 27 haven't broken ranks, and they have no further game-plan.
spoonman, Zuriblue, Oblomov and 1 others liked this
Bones McCoy wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:18 am
The Tories have breezed through the last 40 years with a friendly press and playing divide and rule.
It's been a very effective strategy.

They're stunned that the EU's 27 haven't broken ranks, and they have no further game-plan.
UK record is more positive than that by playing the role of power balancer with smaller nations. That’s been British foreign policy in Europe for centuries. Now it has no political leverage or role in Europe apart from providing mirth for the PM of Luxembourg.
Snowflake liked this
Went on my annual coach day trip to Calais and Adinkerke populated mainly with over 50s from Southend and Dagenham. I wasn’t going to bring up Brexit but everyone else was talking about it. Some interesting views like the man opposite who voted Leave due to the illegal refugee scares and very angry he’d been fucked over. He was more enthusiastic about legal immigration and free movement than I was. And many similar views; mostly Leaver at heart but no enthusiasm to defend this flaming tower of shit. Someone behind who had a little knowledge on every subject was poisoning this woman on the way back with every far right Kipper cliche and my earphones weren’t working. What a cunt this man was he even looked like a Pound shop Mosley with his very nearly cut moustache. I hope he hated me as the feeling was mutual. The woman he was winding up was a Leaver who liked cheeky-chappy Nigel but disliked the nasty racism and homophobia in his parties. Which is part of Farage’s success; Dogwhistle the bigots without saying anything you can pin him down on him. We did agree on something very important; Sadness that a great political party being burned to the ground by Jeremy Corbyn and his pals.
Timbo, Oblomov liked this
The eagerness that the Beeb et al swallow then regurgitate a dubious version of events from 'un-named source' would make me laugh in other circumstances.

https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2019/1 ... truth.html
Game over I think. :(

It's too late for the VONC now as prorogation happens in a matter of hours. It's all down to the Benn Act, but even if Johnson does what he's supposed to, I suspect the other 27 will tell us to sod off. Not because we've bought Hungary's veto, but because their patience as finally snapped (see Tusk).

So there we go. Best of luck everyone. See you in the Great Harlow Food Riot of Christmas 2019.
Meanwhile in Switzerland

Major gains by the green parties in yesterday&rsqu[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

The example on the other thread of the candidate[…]

Nigel Farage

I wonder if deep down Nige really wants the UK t[…]

Seeing that he's off by the end of next week I d[…]