Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 34.5 % ❤ 6.3 % :thumbsup: 10.3 % 😯 2.9 % :grinning: 36.8 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 0.6 % 😟 2.3 % :cry: 4.6 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
We now appear have arrived at a situation where MPs can't question the PM because parliament has been suspended and most journalists won't question the PM proper because their editors are cheerleaders for the PM so the only people who can hold Boris to account are members of the public and the Supreme court.
Tubby Isaacs, spoonman, Schmee and 2 others liked this

By davidjay
satnav wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:58 pm
We now appear have arrived at a situation where MPs can't question the PM because parliament has been suspended and most journalists won't question the PM proper because their editors are cheerleaders for the PM so the only people who can hold Boris to account are members of the public and the Supreme court.
And the parents of sick children can't question him without their private lives being trawled through and accused of using their sick children to score political points.
Boiler, Malcolm Armsteen, Timbo and 5 others liked this

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
I couldn't care less if the chap was involved in any political party from the Greens to Brexit. He was a worried father frantic with concern and needed to vent.

In that sort of situation, a person isn't going to be overly concerned with optics and how it may look to the outside world. He didn't expect to see the Prime Minister sauntering down the ward. He didn't expect the BBC Political Editor to point everyone to his Twitter profile so that the morons of the world can hurl abuse at him.

Worth pointing out now that it now seems that if you get rescued by the RNLI after showing your passport and have to be taken to hospital, your family will have to declare their political affiliations before treatment is offered.
By Andy McDandy
davidjay wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:07 pm
satnav wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:58 pm
And the parents of sick children can't question him without their private lives being trawled through and accused of using their sick children to score political points.
And the irony of this happening right after *that* Guardian editorial. Not when our side does it, again.

By AOB
Wouldn't it be good if newspapers had an imposed propagation for a period if they stepped out of line. But we could expect another Mailesque "Enemies of the People" front page if that was ever made law. Speaking of which, where was their "Enemy of the People" headline when this cunt prorogued Parliament?

Ironically, I expect it will make a return if the propagation verdict doesn't go their way.

By Snowflake
Supreme court poised to rule against Boris Johnson, say legal experts
Framing of verdict on prorogation of parliament may set off ‘constitutional eruption of volcanic proportions’

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/se ... rorogation

Fuck! if this is correct, didn't see it coming and honestly thought they would rule in favour of Johnson rather than risk the fallout. Hold on to your hats.
By Andy McDandy
I appreciate your anticipation, but I remember all too well the Hutton enquiry. Day after day if revelations, and a sense that no way could Blair and Campbell hang on. Then it was released and they were exonerated and the BBC crucified.
oboogie liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:04 pm
Seems very odd so many are anticipating the result of the court case. Does that usually happen?
I've seen a lot of "What would happen next if ..", which seems to be perfectly sensible journalism.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:04 pm
Seems very odd so many are anticipating the result of the court case. Does that usually happen?
I think whenever the 'constitution' is under judicial scrutiny a lot of people get interested.
George Galloway

Bryant doesn't have any children, as Galloway admi[…]

Trying to make sense of S Kinnock’s position[…]

David Cameron

Showing again why the much mocked cones hotline […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Yeah. Evil Owen Smith, and all that. I'm not clea[…]