:sunglasses: 20 % ❤ 13.3 % :thumbsup: 6.7 % :grinning: 60 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Grandmother given £100 parking fine because she took more than an hour to eat KFC meal with her family gets it cancelled after contacting firm's global chief executive

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -meal.html

Take your pick, letter holding or arm folding.

We all know that parking firms are complete bandits but I hate people like this. Complaints procedures exist, escalation procedures exist; who goes straight to the Global CEO without, seemingly, following the process? Six tiers of staff below the CEO probably got tied up with a JFDI order when it could probably have been dealt with in branch.
Snowflake wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:09 pm
Disabled grandfather is sacked by Asda after colleague complained about him sharing an 'anti-Islamic' Billy Connolly sketch on his Facebook page.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ebook.html

The gentleman now appears to have been re-instated.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -post.html
'People were calling me a racist. There is no way I am a racist. Everyone is welcome at my till.'
It must be that time of year again.

Boy, 11, was TURNED AWAY on his first day of school and told his place had been 'revoked' - now Archie is stuck at home in bureaucratic limbo while his mother risks a truancy fine

This one looks like a matter of funding to me, if the boy now lives in Leeds they should be responsible for his schooling so they would have to fund his place in Wakefield. Most authorities would try to avoid doing this so as not to set a precedent.
Retired engineer, 71, spends £30,000 in three-year battle against £100 speeding fine 'for going 35mph in a 30 zone' - but LOSES on appeal

Mr Keedwell, of Yate, South Gloucestershire, said he felt guilty that his family would not be able to make use of the money
Yeah, fuck the kids' inheritance because lawyers and "experts" are queuing up to take my money.
Last edited by SoulBoy on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I suspect there is a little bit more to this story. A good Sad Face, though. We don't see enough of them anymore.

Mother slams 'absolutely pathetic' school for 'ridiculous' rules after claiming her 14-year-old daughter was excluded 'for being too hot' and taking her blazer off
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... d-hot.html

According to the 14-year-old's mother Kelly Shann, Summer had taken part of her uniform off after it became too hot for her to do her work.

'My daughter has been excluded from school just for the day because she took her blazer off for being too hot.

'She's not been excluded for not putting it on, she's been excluded for being defiant, that's what they are saying.

While not being able to comment on specific cases, the academy's head of school says any decision adhered to their 'persistent defiance or abuse' policy.

In response head of school at the academy Ian Ravenscroft said: 'We can't make any comment on an individual case.

'That is a matter for a reintegration meeting between the parents and the school.

'As per our policy, cases of persistent defiance or abuse towards staff carry an exclusion.
Mixed feelings here. No doubt she was a right little madam and cheeked the teacher off, but on the other hand having autonomy to remove a jacket to regulate your temperature is hardly a criminal offence. So the problem could have been avoided if the school didn't have control freakery built into its policies.
We used to have to ask to take our blazer/jacket it off. If we asked then we'd always be allowed. If we just took it off without asking we'd be told to put it back on and ask to take it off. All very petty but pretty simple to grasp. If we took it off and then outright refused to put it back on then we'd be in trouble.

Because I was a gobby shit at school I tried to point out that when we're adults and working in an office we would absolutely not need to ask permission to take our jacket off and the rule was bollocks. I was told it's nothing to do with jackets and it's about respecting authority and following rules and to stop being a gobby shit.
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:18 pm
I was told it's nothing to do with jackets and it's about respecting authority and following rules and to stop being a gobby shit.
It's utter bollocks, isn't it?

Look for their Mission Statement. I reckon it'll say something about becoming autonomous, well rounded individuals...
mattomac liked this
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Of course they agree. Because it's not them affect[…]

The Tories, Generally

https://twitter.com/RalfLittle/status/119689848163[…]

The LibDems, generally

That reminds me of Rick Spleen's vague plans for […]

Nigel Farage

I'm sure Sgt Major Williams will be along to comme[…]