Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 43.1 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 6.6 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 36.3 % 🧥 0.4 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 2.4 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:36 am
I'd love to know if Mike Judge, the director, made it purely as an outlandish comedy or if he did actually foresee something like that happening, albeit to a lesser extend.
At least the fictional idiocrats are kind of innocent and don't really mean any harm. A sharp contrast to the genuine, pig headed malevolence we're presently dealing with.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
I refuse to read on the grounds it's written by Stuart Heritage. An ignorant and ill-informed idiot with a delusion that he is hilarious.

By Malcolm Armsteen
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:59 pm
I refuse to read on the grounds it's written by Stuart Heritage. An ignorant and ill-informed idiot with a delusion that he is hilarious.
I take it he wrote a critical review of the Docty-Wocty?

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:13 am
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:59 pm
I take it he wrote a critical review of the Docty-Wocty?
Well, he got this review of a programme right.
By Andy McDandy
So he's a Charlie Brooker tribute act, as is every TV reviewer these days. And before Brooker it was Jim Shelley, and before him Victor Lewis Smith. Snark at the LCD stuff, show a softer side for the humble and heartfelt.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Normally I don't respond to the Demon Headmaster, I mean Mr Armsteen, sorry I often get you two confused for some reason. But I will say this as a Doctor Who fan I have read many negative reviews of show and even particular episodes that I like, so nothing that Heritage say will make a difference and even the most godawful, terrible, badly written, badly acted episode has more wit, insight and intelligence that Stuart Heritage will ever possess.

By Malcolm Armsteen
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:31 am
Normally I don't respond to the Demon Headmaster, I mean Mr Armsteen, sorry I often get you two confused for some reason.
Just fuck off. Neither clever nor original, although for once correctly spelled.

By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:26 am
So he's a Charlie Brooker tribute act, as is every TV reviewer these days. And before Brooker it was Jim Shelley, and before him Victor Lewis Smith. Snark at the LCD stuff, show a softer side for the humble and heartfelt.
And every one of them I thought were abject wankers - Brooker especially.

By Oblomov
davidjay wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:27 pm
Summing the past three years up in a single tweet.

Similarly I never heard a peep out of my dad about the EU until the 2008 economic meltdown and upon seeing a German in a similar socioeconomic bracket doing better than him, concluded that Germany are taking over Europe by stealth this time :roll:
The LibDems, generally

Nick Boles supporting the Lib Dems.

Labour, Generally.

https://twitter.com/joetidy/status/119420715932999[…]

2019 General Election

I wasn't impressed with Jez pitching the flooded a[…]

Nigel Farage

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJKBiLWXsAAZBwF.png […]