Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 34.5 % ❤ 0.8 % :thumbsup: 7.6 % 😯 2.5 % :grinning: 42 % 🧥 3.4 % 🙏 1.7 % 😟 3.4 % :cry: 3.4 % :shit: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
This doesn't bode well. He's talking as if it was just a little mishap.

Just seen this as well:

Mr Trump was also photographed holding a briefing note marked 'secret' that said: 'The spouse of the US government employee will not return to the United Kingdom'.

Last edited by Safe_Timber_Man on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Boiler
Pity that US airbase are technically American soil - forcing them to drive on the UK side of the road even on the base would be a start. Having faced an oncoming European tourist on the wrong side of the road before now... this is sadly all too common an occurrence with Murricans in East Anglia.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
'Special relationship' my arse. And these idiot Brexiters think Trump will help us out with a good trade deal when he won't even hand over someone who killed an innocent young lad and fled the country to hide away from justice. This is not a 'complex case'. It's a pretty fucking simple case and if our Government had any sort of backbone they'd shout from the rooftops over this. They won't, of course.

By Snowflake
It couldn't have come at a worse time for a government seeking to align itself with Trump's America, because I suspect he may be about to show his true colours to all his fanboys/girls here, and how willing and easily he might be to simply fuck this country off if we become a serious problem for him, especially at home.

The family want justice for their son, but I fear they are about to become pawns in a dangerous game.
Last edited by Snowflake on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
And that is why 'Taking back control' is such a false narrative.

Post Brexit we'll be desperate for a trade deal with the US, so we'll bend over and take this shit.

There is no greater threat to national sovereignty than economic impoverishment. And Brexit is the fucking motherlode of impoverishment.
lord_kobel, Malcolm Armsteen, Boiler and 2 others liked this

By Boiler
Sadly, if anyone ever though the Americans would return her to face justice they are displaying breath-taking naivety. I suspect even an extradition request would be refused.

Meanwhile, a family grieves.
Samanfur liked this

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I was breath-takingly naive. I really thought, even with Trump at the helm, they would hand her over.

But then I do wonder if we would? Or if the situation would be any different with Obama? Maybe this is pretty standard and I just don't really get it. Still, though, it's morally disgusting even if this is par for the course. I'm sure there are occasions when diplomatic immunity can be used for the right reasons but this surely cannot possibly be one of those occasions.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Of course, if it had been someone from say, Belgium who had pulled the diplomatic immunity card on the same scenario, the fleet would be getting ready to sail from Portsmouth as we speak.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Comfortably Glum
‏ @YGalanter
2m
Replying to @realDonaldTrump @FoxNews

Are you fucking kidding me? Fox News licked your balls almost every day since 2015. Even they're sick of you - something gotta give.

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The American side of the Dunn case looks extremely dodgy. Mrs. Sacoolas' husband isn't on any list of diplomats, and the American narrative is now that he's something entitled to be treated as if he is one.

It wouldn't surprise me if even he didn't know that until after his wife killed a British citizen on British soil.
Nigel Farage

I wonder if deep down Nige really wants the UK to […]

Well, that was a pleasant sroll in the sunshine (u[…]

UKIP

CEO of a sweetie shop driven out by the paper boy.[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

The @Global moderators could move it into &qu[…]