Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 63.5 % ❤ 1.4 % :thumbsup: 4.3 % 😯 0.7 % :grinning: 20.9 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 2.2 % 😟 1.8 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Given that 13 was the original proposed motion and 14 was introduced by delegates during the compositing process, I'm still not convinced that the NEC is being blamed for conspiracy over what on every other day of the conference can be written off as cock-up.

I'd like to expand on what went on during compositing, but owing to wanting to keep it out of search engines and have some privacy, I'd prefer to take that into the Off-topic forum.

I know it's a breach of protocol, but would anyone (mods especially) have any objections?

By Malcolm Armsteen
I watched the whole process with horror. Some of the worst chairing I have ever seen, and a blatant misuse of discretion - I spent much of the time shouting 'you can't do that' at the TV. The demand for a card vote was, I would contend, completely legitimate on two grounds: one, the people voting had arrived en masse at the last moment and their credentials had not been checked, and two, the numbers of hands raised were not so dissimilar as to make a decision possible.

This will be challenged, and as John Crace says in the Guardian, Corbyn may have won a battle but lost a war.

And the sight of the 'Inner Circle' chanting 'O Jeremy Corbyn' was embarrassing for a supposedly mature political party.

I'm glad I'm out of it.
oboogie, youngian liked this

By Samanfur
lord_kobel wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:20 am
Samanfur wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:10 pm
I know it's a breach of protocol, but would anyone (mods especially) have any objections?
No problem here, go for it.
I've since been informed that search engines do crawl that forum. Timbo's aware and looking into it.

By Tubby Isaacs
And when it comes to paying for our public services Labour will raise tax but only for the top five per cent. The Tories will cut taxes for highest paid. Labour will make the big corporations pay the tax they owe. The Tories will give them tax breaks.
Well, that's me persuaded they can afford it. And I reckon HMRC would be interested in this unpaid tax they're "owed" by big corporations.

Labour in 1992 started tax rises at a not very high level- something which doubtless didn't help in the South East where they'd catch more voters than elsewhere. Blair/Gordo took that on board in terms of their ambitions for public spending, for better or worse. What you don't get to do is talk up a big state and go with a post approach to raising tax.
Timbo liked this

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
10th October, 2019, 12:47 pm
“Together, we can build a country fit for the next generation” – Corbyn’s full speech

https://labourlist.org/2019/10/together ... ll-speech/

By Snowflake
bluebellnutter wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:52 pm
Just for a laugh...

I would think mid November is the absolute latest for an election this year. Any later and the right wing headlines will be screaming They've Ruined Your Christmas.
UKIP

Braine-less - hahahah!

Nigel Farage

I wonder if deep down Nige really wants the UK to […]

Well, that was a pleasant sroll in the sunshine (u[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

The @Global moderators could move it into &qu[…]