Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 33.7 % ❤ 6 % :thumbsup: 10.9 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 37 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 0.5 % 😟 2.2 % :cry: 4.3 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
So, are they holding out for more cash? If this proves definite, that probably knocks the ERG out (as they're unable to think for themselves it would seem), and so there's only one possible way that our beloved leader could get it through Parliament, and that's attach a second referendum to it.

There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth, and it is of course fraught with difficulties, but I can't see any other way out now.

By Boiler
KevS wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:26 am
So, are they holding out for more cash? If this proves definite, that probably knocks the ERG out (as they're unable to think for themselves it would seem), and so there's only one possible way that our beloved leader could get it through Parliament, and that's attach a second referendum to it.

There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth, and it is of course fraught with difficulties, but I can't see any other way out now.
Alternatively, it might just give Johnson the excuse he needs to go for 'no deal', which will please those who have millions riding on this occurring.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:09 am
KevS wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:26 am

Alternatively, it might just give Johnson the excuse he needs to go for 'no deal', which will please those who have millions riding on this occurring.
From what I've been hearing, he has apparently been pulling back on that considerably in recent days, since receiving a pretty frank intelligence briefing, detailing that a No Deal where we didn't put up border infrastructure, but the Irish were compelled to by the EU, would result in the IRA basically going open season on both sides of the border, potentially a whole-island Irish civil war / Troubles mk2, and us being viewed very much by the world as having lit the match.

I've had my own issues with the EU's behaviour in many areas during this process, but what is on offer now is fair and pragmatic. Johnson has been wise to grow some humility (albeit late in the day), although at this point it is unlikely to do him any good.
Oblomov liked this

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
My worry is, if (big if), this deal gets voted through, then the likes of the Sun, Mail etc will spin it as some great feat of statesmanship and de Piffle may be tempted to go for a GE, and with all this false narrative get a decent majority.
All before the small print has been understood and the shit hits the fan
Boiler, Arrowhead, Oblomov liked this

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Watchman wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:47 am
My worry is, if (big if), this deal gets voted through, then the likes of the Sun, Mail etc will spin it as some great feat of statesmanship

That is exactly what they've done already today.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (95.47 KiB) Viewed 889 times

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts

These days, Johnson is a joke without a punchline
Boris Johnson leads his weary people to the unpromised land
John Crace
PM finds there is no defeat he can’t rewrite as a victory – even one that will make everyone worse off

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rexit-deal

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts

Gutless prick in cowardly bellend shocker!
At least he signed it

Gutless prick in cowardly bellend shocker latest! Obsequious truth bender's misleading sycophantic reply!

1) This was an appointment with committee chairs, not your committee.
2) He's cancelled twice before.
3) He's not negotiating with the EU.
4) Proroguing causes delays to Brexit debate.

Overall, a poor effort.
2/10

We haven't even got a farkin' IKEA round here. […]

2019 General Election

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/119472996[…]

Caption Contest

Seen. I alays thought he was a good-lookin' sexy b[…]

Olden days were the best or summat...

My ex-girlfriend was two-timing me with Charlie Kr[…]