Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 33.2 % ❤ 4.8 % :thumbsup: 17.2 % 😯 1.7 % :grinning: 26.2 % 🧥 2.3 % 🙏 2.8 % 😟 6.8 % :cry: 3.1 % :shit: 2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Trying to make sense of S Kinnock’s position he’s not going to get his EEA compromise while Corbyn is leader. A snap election after the deal in which Corbyn will lose and Johnson has no lasting majority is a lot to gamble on but it is a workable strategy.
A glance at Rightmove suggests to me that somebody could move their from Merthyr and feel good about how they "get more for their money up here".

But hey, vote for this deal, Sarah. Nationwide economic impact predicted to be 2.3% minimum hit. Up to 8% in the case of full ERG, which can't be ruled out. I think York and Humber do worse than average.
Looking at the odds for tomorrow, the vote being passed is 4/6. Yet odds on Britain leaving the EU on or before 30th October are 7/4. I can't see any eventuality that would prevent the latter happening if the vote is won, so where am I missing something?
davidjay wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:49 pm
Looking at the odds for tomorrow, the vote being passed is 4/6. Yet odds on Britain leaving the EU on or before 30th October are 7/4. I can't see any eventuality that would prevent the latter happening if the vote is won, so where am I missing something?
The Letwin amendment, perhaps? It's all a bit complicated, but the thread below explains it better than I ever could:

I didn't think the chances of the Letwin Amendment passing were that great, but hope springs eternal.

Has anyone else got an early start and a coach to catch in the morning?
Tubby Isaacs, oboogie liked this
davidjay wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:08 pm
I didn't think the chances of the Letwin Amendment passing were that great, but hope springs eternal.

Has anyone else got an early start and a coach to catch in the morning?
Thanks for going, it is really appreciated!
Tubby Isaacs liked this
The trying to avoid Brexit game, dear fellow. I fear the die is cast, and we are basically, not to put a fine point on it, buggered.

Fuck this for a game of soldiers.
Agreed. If things go to Johnson's/Cummings's plan, the WA gets over the line tomorrow and Johnson will then call a GE.

He will be returned with a majority big enough to dispense with the DUP and then the process of turning Britannia Unchained into reality will commence.
2019 General Election

Whitey Metro Man was wandering off the Lib Dems. […]

Nigel Farage

I wish I could be anything other than deeply pessi[…]

Poppy Day bingo

As Steve from Glasgow intimated in the comments, P[…]

Boris Johnson

https://youtu.be/5Vx-ykFGA5g In all seriousne[…]