Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 50.9 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 3.5 % 😯 1.8 % :grinning: 22.8 % 🧥 1.8 % 😟 3.5 % :shit: 12.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
visage wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:02 am
How can Corbyn impose a 3 line whip to vote down the deal and *not* kick out those who disobey?

This will look like he's allowing them to rebel with a nod and a wink.
You don't normally get kicked out for breaking a 3 line whip. See Jez's own career.
Timbo liked this
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:02 pm
She used to be Europe Minister.
She used to be a credible Labour Party politician. Nowadays, Richard Burgon and Barry Bollocks talk more sense than Flint.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
youngian wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:56 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:02 pm
She used to be Europe Minister.
Gordon Brown had a sniffy attitude to the EU and not something he wanted to waste his most able troops on.
So did Cameron but he (in government anyway) put David Liddington in, who'd I trust with a brief more than Flint. Actually Cameron had Mark Francois as Shadow at in opposition. Maybe Clegg vetoed somebody similar in the Coalition.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:49 pm
The only allies Melanie has in Greece are the Nazi Golden Dawn party. Not that the Eurozone’s problem have much relevance to Brexit but the ECB hasn’t run deflationary policies since Draghi took the reins. ECB buying up public sector bonds from Portugal is a version of Jez’s
People’s QE. Corbyn appears to have forgotten all about PQE. Probably sulking due to Richard Murphy slagging him of when he found out how hopless Corbyn is.
I think Jez dropped people's QE for a good reason, IIRC. The concern was the markets wouldn't like the government intruding on Bank independence in that way. Infrastructure is a slow burner anyway. If it's a temporary thing to get tur economy going, how much is going to be spade ready anyway?

I give Jez credit for pushing an interesting idea though. Cooper and Burnham came up with nothing.
youngian liked this
Newsnight

Why are the BBC giving that freeloading bum Prin[…]

It's late enough at night for me to propose the sy[…]

2019 General Election

Yes, I know, its about those foreigners... […]

We do seem to have a sensible independent running […]