Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 33.2 % ❤ 4.8 % :thumbsup: 17.2 % 😯 1.7 % :grinning: 26.2 % 🧥 2.3 % 🙏 2.8 % 😟 6.8 % :cry: 3.1 % :shit: 2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Good thread from a while back by Chris Giles on Brexit forecasts and UK economic performance.

The worst performer, and still a millstone round Remain's neck? Treasury's severe shock. In fairness based on immediate Article 50 invocation, but why was that going to happen? Their other forecast (shock) also too pessimistic, but not the worst. That was... Economists for Brexit.

Lots of respectable predictions by derided "Remain expert establishment". Bank of England (Aug 2016) and OBR very good.
Well sod npr. They had an article about and with David Cameron.

The said one of the problems with David Cameron is that he introduced "compassionate conservatism" and traditional Tories did not like that.

First time ever I shouted "Fuck off. Fuck right off" at an npr article in the US.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
There's no such thing as 'compassionate conservatism'. However much they dress it up with buzzwords and soundbites, it's all about survival of the fittest - and by 'fittest', I mean their own.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:I find the bit about disallowing the vote on Monday very persuasive. Bercow would get absolutely hammered if he did that though.
Seeing that he's off by the end of next week I doubt he would give a flying fuck. I certainly wouldn't.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
Yep, he's past caring, I reckon. Seeing his time out.

And...

Et tu, Speccie? :lol:

Ignore the spin. Boris surrendered to the Surrender Act
James Kirkup

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/10/b ... hen-caved/
Projective Unity wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:38 pm
Seeing that he's off by the end of next week I doubt he would give a flying fuck. I certainly wouldn't.
Bercow's preferred term, I believe, is that he doesn't give a "flying flamingos" what anybody thinks anymore. Although both terms amount to the same thing :lol:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:31 pm
I find the bit about disallowing the vote on Monday very persuasive. Bercow would get absolutely hammered if he did that though.
Bercow's on last week of school.
Doesn't need to give a shit, in between games of ker-plunk and crossfire.
PleasebeFrancoisPleasebeFrancoisPleasebeFrancoisPleasebeFrancoisPleasebeFrancoisPleasebeFrancoisPleasebeFrancoisPleasebeFrancois
Cyclist liked this
Nigel Farage

I wish I could be anything other than deeply pessi[…]

Poppy Day bingo

As Steve from Glasgow intimated in the comments, P[…]

Boris Johnson

https://youtu.be/5Vx-ykFGA5g In all seriousne[…]

UKIP

Oh my, that is joyous.... :) :) :) :) :)