Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 75.9 % ❤ 1.7 % :grinning: 13.8 % 🧥 1.7 % 😟 1.7 % :cry: 1.7 % :shit: 3.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By visage
Membership Days Posts
So Williamson will have his fate decided at todays NEC meeting. Hard to see how he can stay, both politically and morally.

Which obviously means he will.

I think the party leadership would happily cut him adrift, but the NEC is packed with loons who communicate entirely via hashtag.
Boiler liked this
Is Chris Williamson's deselection thus the first successful deselection of an MP stemming from his "democracy roadshow"?
Tubby Isaacs, youngian liked this
Pull the other one.

https://labourlist.org/2019/11/labours- ... ism-claim/
Labour’s parliamentary candidate for the Tory seat of Clacton has withdrawn his bid after being accused of antisemitism.

Gideon Bull, who currently serves as a Labour councillor in Haringey, admitted using the term “Shylock” during a private meeting – but said he did know the Shakespearean character was Jewish.

The councillor also said he was not using the term to describe Zena Brabazon – another Labour councillor, and the deputy leader, who is Jewish – but employed it as an analogy.

“I used an analogy when referring to a housing decision being called in by backbenchers. I was not referring to the councillor, who was not part of the call in,” Bull said in a statement.
Labour councillor in Haringey, admitted using the term “Shylock” during a private meeting – but said he did know the Shakespearean character was Jewish.

That doesn’t make sense so I assume that’s a typo and he ‘didn’t know the Shakespearean character was Jewish.’ What a lying prick.
The local party chair and officers are required to make a search of a prospective candidate's social media. But it's a bit hard, and well, they probably didn't mean anything by it, so we'll just skip that bit...

I've done it. It's a pain, but a necessary one.
The Tories, Generally

Who was the squashable Tory shit on Today this m[…]

Nigel Farage

He has: A) "Betrayed" his No Deal-at-[…]

Richard Littlejohn

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/d[…]

Poppy Day bingo

Squint hard enough at that burger photo. You see […]