•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Yes, I know that family get-togethers are reasonably pleasant but all this Kwithmas / Covid shit is really quite pathetic. Martha Kearny on the poison channel this morning was as good as weeping in to her pinny.

Grow the fuck up.

By bluebellnutter
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:33 am
Finally, their beloved traditional Christmas is under threat, and they can't blame the usual suspects. Aww.
Imagine telling them 12 months ago that in 2020 the Conservative party would be banning both Remembrance Sunday and Christmas. The fun we could have had.
Cyclist, Oblomov liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
In order to make puns about balls the Sun has featured an article about Wisbech's low budget Christmas Tree they borrowed from Peterborough for buttons. The low budget solution in this tough climate has been praised and the tree looks alright when switched on.

After the Councillor was praise for Redtop friendly corny quip ("ballsy negotiation") Tierney replied on FB this morning: "I didn't even give them a quote. They've never spoken to me."
BALLS-UP ON TREE Residents furious at hand-me-down Christmas tree that ‘looks like bubble-wrap’

The metal sculpture was given to Wisbech, in Cambs, by nearby Peterborough after officials there bought a real spruce this year. But angry Sarah Tayler said it “looks like baubles in bubble-wrap”.

She added: “We don’t want someone else’s cast-offs. We’re a traditional market town and a green fir tree would be much better.”

Local resident James Howarth, 68, said: “Just because someone else doesn’t want it doesn’t mean that we’ve got to have it. I think it looks horrible.”

Malcolm Farmer, 42, said: “It looks like some sort of space ship, like something from a sci-fi series. It’s completely un-Christmassy and it’s in the wrong place. It doesn’t suit Wisbech at all.”

Market trader Darren Finch said: “It’s out of place because the town is not modern enough for that sort of tree. It would fit better in the Kings Lynn area because it’s more modern.”

The tree has been put in Wisbech’s market square and is expected to glow red when it is switched on.

Cllr Steve Tierney said: “We have been really lucky to get the tree for free. It is down to some ballsy negotiation.

“After failing to find a buyer, the city council agreed we can have it at no cost, so it will be a major addition to the town’s Christmas display.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13081772/ ... 1604302381

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Killer Whale wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:06 pm
youngian wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:21 am
Market trader Darren Finch said: “It’s out of place because the town is not modern enough for that sort of tree. It would fit better in the Kings Lynn area because it’s more modern.”
I LOLed.
Like the councillor's quote I doubt Darren Finch exists and is what a Sun journalist thinks a market trader would be called. And made up a funny quote.

By Boiler
Cyclist wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:51 pm
The Fat Controller went on holiday to Wisbech. That's how Toby the Tram Engine came on the scene.
This remains the sole redeeming feature of Wisbech: it gave us a quirky tramway line.

By Kreuzberger
I always read this as being pronounced "Vissbeck". It's OK, I have been to Cottbus. Terni too, the birthplace of St. Valentine and forever associated with that fash cunt, Di Canio. Both are beyond redemption, except for the fact that Terni has marginally better food

By Bones McCoy
Killer Whale wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:06 pm
youngian wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:21 am
I LOLed.
The Biden Presidency.

As an Irish American it is quite clear that Biden […]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

People who complain about this need to get a life.[…]

The Tories, Generally

Regardless, I expect them to be campaigning in s[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

I think of a few people in today's Labour Party wh[…]