Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 47.2 % ❤ 19.4 % :thumbsup: 9.3 % :grinning: 12 % 🧥 1.9 % 🙏 4.6 % 😟 4.6 % :cry: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Also, I noticed that cuts had been made to Auf Wiedersehen Pet when it was rerun on ITV4. Partly due to changes in advertising breaks meaning that a 55 minute episode has to be squeezed into 50, and partly to cut swearing and nudity in the middle of the afternoon.

By MisterMuncher
How does one reconcile the notion that TV is too PC or whatever for shows from the good old days with the sure and certain knowledge of how a pitch for say, The Sopranos would go circa 1975?
Amazonian liked this
By Andy McDandy
As my dad used to say about Mary Whitehouse, it's not so much the content they object to, but the intelligence level. They want cheap, brainless casual misogyny and bigotry, that reinforces the notion that there's nothing wrong with it, because it's all a big laugh.

By Boiler
Abernathy wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:42 pm
It's in beautiful nick.
It's had - on and off - a thirty year restoration but the latter few years it has been in the hands of Mid-Beds Vehicle Restoration and as such, it's in better nick than when it left Dagenham. If all goes to plan, I may send my 1994 BMW to them for a full resto.
Amazonian liked this
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... -race.html

Aaaaaaaah, says Littlejohn, how do you square off the contradictions within the politics of race and gender? How do you reconcile rights of self-expression against claims of cultural identity and dignity, and cultural appropriation? Aren't the rights of the group and of the individual going to inevitably collide?

Nah, he just does the usual sneer at anyone who isn't a white straight man.

Here's an idea, Dick. Try not taking the piss.

By MisterMuncher
I see Anna Chancellor had landed the role of Vetenari in the forthcoming BBC adaptation of the Discworld " City Watch" books.

I wonder if our Dickie will attempt to tackle that one. I'm sure his take will be incredibly nuanced.
By Andy McDandy
I don't think that Pratchett is even on his radar. It's for saddoes and geeks as far as he's concerned.

The only times I remember the Mail mentioning him was (outside of book reviews) when he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's (sympathy plus NHS-bash), when he criticised the papal visit (leftie mafia) and when he died (obligatory "who?" comments).
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ertie.html

Dickie gets on the prince Andrew bandwagon 3 days late. Tries to do a pastiche, fails, throws in a bunch of modern references that don't really work. A bit shit, really.
The Trump Presidency

On the positive side neoliberalism is dying, inc[…]

The Northern Irish thread

She'll have to make 98 or 103 in order to out[…]

Labour, Generally.

If you'd won the argument, you'd be in Downing Str[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Johnson went to Brussels to agree to accept the […]