Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 73.6 % ❤ 1.4 % :thumbsup: 6.9 % :grinning: 11.1 % 🧥 1.4 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 1.4 % :shit: 2.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
youngian wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:51 pm
Broadband hating paedo fraterniser is not a clever rebuttal
It's pretty obvious that her reasons for doing so are not becasue of free broadband.
Yes, but resigning from a party you're not a member of is a bit dumb, whatever your faith.

Cut the Polanski stuff and keep it simple.
Yup. See link above.
Miliband, who is from a secular Jewish family, had told her he wanted to “learn more about his religion of his birth” by attending a traditional Shabbat dinner at her home.

“Two days later he was all over the papers, knocking back a bacon sandwich,” she said, referring to the Jewish dietary taboo on pork.

“So, come election day, I shall give my vote to another party. Almost any other party. Until my party is once more led by mensches,”
Lipman may have had problems with Ed, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that Labour has managed to alienate a community that was on the whole pro-Labour.
The Weeping Angel wrote:Lipman may have had problems with Ed, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that Labour has managed to alienate a community that was on the whole pro-Labour.
Interesting that you're on first name terms with the secular (male)Jew. See how it works yet?

By Boiler
Yes, 'gollop'. Abers, I thought an erudite chap like you would have heard that before?! I don't think it's exclusively an East Anglian word...

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/amp/english/gollop

(I can certainly remember my mother telling me not to gollop my food)
It's a new one on me, too. Perhaps a regional variation of 'gulp'? My mother used 'bolt' - a leading cause of indigestion, heartburn and general discomfort, apparently.
The Trump Presidency

On the positive side neoliberalism is dying, inc[…]

The Northern Irish thread

She'll have to make 98 or 103 in order to out[…]

Labour, Generally.

If you'd won the argument, you'd be in Downing Str[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Johnson went to Brussels to agree to accept the […]