Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 47.2 % ❤ 19.4 % :thumbsup: 9.3 % :grinning: 12 % 🧥 1.9 % 🙏 4.6 % 😟 4.6 % :cry: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:29 am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ertie.html

Dickie gets on the prince Andrew bandwagon 3 days late. Tries to do a pastiche, fails, throws in a bunch of modern references that don't really work. A bit shit, really.
So far the comments aren't as fawnimg as usual. I expect that'll change as the day progresses.
By Andy McDandy
It's just rather unfocused. He's been told to do a bit on Andy, fair enough. So he's dug up a load of stuff on Edward VII (or c/p'ed it from Wikipedia) and if he'd kept it simple - i.e. reporting the story and letting the readers point out any similarities - it might have worked. But instead he shoehorns in these references to #metoo, Saville, Churchill etc, with such thudding obviousness ("Churchill, who will one day be our PM...", I mean, for fuck's sake...). It's like he doesn't trust his readership to get the joke. Well, it's exactly that.

Also, he misses the point that it's not about the press being less deferential, but societal expectations being different.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Uh-oh. Don't tell me, he's mentioned that Edward VIII abdicated thanks to his involvement with an American divorcee who had opinions, and then asked if that reminds the Mailites of anyone?
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... rkers.html

"Driver, take me from I'm as reasonable as the next man to downfall of capitalism, via kids, eh? and send 'em all back".

Plus some 70s nostalgia and laughing at a random person.

By Snowflake
Just for the record, Car 54 where are you? was an American sitcom that ran on NBC from 1961 to 1963, the story of two New York city police officers based in the fictional 53rd precinct in The Bronx. Car 54 was their patrol car.

Still, London taxis.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Its not often Littlejohn has more than one audience to pander to (in this case nativist cabbies and free market plunderers aren't in alignment). He's having a rare moment of having to hold more than one idea in his head.
Let me make it clear before we go any further that I am full of admiration for my friends in the licensed taxi trade and would always choose a black cab over an Uber in Central London.

Traditional cabbies are an essential and valuable part of the fabric of our capital city, not only for the safe, reliable service they provide but also because of the generous support they give charities for ex-servicemen and disabled children.

But outside the central area, black cabs are few and far between and Uber offers a relatively cheap, convenient alternative to overcrowded public transport and hit-and-miss local minicab firms.

Rod Hull’s emu, which famously attacked Michael Parkinson on TV, has been put up for auction and is expected to sell for around £10,000.

I think I can safely predict that one man who won’t be bidding is Parky. Mike once said that, despite a distinguished career as a journalist, author and broadcaster, when he pops his clogs, the headline on his obituary will probably read:

Emu Man Dies.

I've never heard LJ's great mate Mike say that. He probably said it once to Russell Harty 40 years ago.

Despite a distinguished career as a journalist, author and broadcaster, when Littlejohn pops his clogs, the headline on his obituary will probably read: Cunt who made Michael Winner look good dies. Good.
The Trump Presidency

On the positive side neoliberalism is dying, inc[…]

The Northern Irish thread

She'll have to make 98 or 103 in order to out[…]

Labour, Generally.

If you'd won the argument, you'd be in Downing Str[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Johnson went to Brussels to agree to accept the […]