:sunglasses: 20 % :thumbsup: 20 % :grinning: 60 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Not sure where to put this; I noticed over the past week that The Mail has been splashing excerpts from Elton John's autobiography, I know nothing of what ever deal, copyright or exclusively exists around this, and don't know if it's on the shelves yet. But what struck me is that Elton does'nt seem to me to be the sort that wouldn't even use the Mail to line the cats litter tray

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
I haven't got as far as the article. Something in the headline makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, and wonder why it was included in the headline when it isn't actually relevant to anything.

Can you spot what caught my attention?
Builder, 42, and his Slovakian shop assistant wife scoop life-changing £105 MILLION Euromillions jackpot to become 9th biggest UK winners but tell three children 'if you want something you'll have to earn it'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ealed.html
I'm not sure I dare scroll down to the comments.

By Boiler
The highest-rated ones are "good luck, but why go public with this?"

This is one of the lowest-rated, but I think Poe might come into play here:
Screenshot_2019-11-26 Couple who scooped £105 MILLION Euromillions jackpot are revealed (1).png
Screenshot_2019-11-26 Couple who scooped £105 MILLION Euromillions jackpot are revealed (1).png (14.13 KiB) Viewed 354 times
The lowest rated comment is simply "and that's why we voted for brexit".
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The first major winner on the lottery was a British-Asian man from Bradford. Reactions to that were predictable, even back in 1994 or so. Fast forward a few years to Michael Carroll and Iorwerth Hoare, and one has to wonder, what part of "random chance" don't these people understand.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Do you think Ficcy (sic) from Manchester is just a teensy bit jealous?

What made me stop was the Fail deeming Mrs Thomson's Slovakian origins important enough to stick in the headline. Would they have done that if she'd been born in Dunfermline? Builder and his Scottish shop assistant wife...? Nope. She's Slovakian. What the Fail likes to call Eastern European. Them.

I hadn't even considered the occupations of the couple. If builders and shop assistants aren't intelligent enough to spend the money "properly", what chance would a Mancunian who is so dense he can't even spell "Thicko" have?

By Boiler
SoulBoy wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:03 pm
Only a builder... Until your roof starts leaking or the shitter is backing up.
Tell me... spent some time removing sodden insulation and drying my ceiling out after a downpour the other day - the flashing has gone around a chimney (along with much of the pointing) :(

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:52 pm
"only had the capabilities to be a BUILDER".

I know an abundance of men would lend you a pair of boots for the day, Ficcy. Fancy it, ye shitehawk?
At least the BUILDER seems to understand how a lottery operates.
2019 General Election

Yep, had to queue here in Norwich North for a shor[…]

Boris Johnson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxtIAG0LRO8

The Biased BBC

It was Labour Uncut. http://labour-uncut.co.uk/20[…]

The Tories, Generally

Nobody wants a false accusation of assault.