•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:09 am
Does somebody at the Beeb keep half an eye on Mailwatch? I put the telly on at 7.25 this morning, and guess what they were talking about?
Piss dungeons?
oboogie liked this

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
It is good to see Andrew Neil having a bit of a wail about Johnson still refusing to turn up for what is being billed as an epoch-defining roasting.

Of course, even if it happens, it will be nothing of the sort. Questions forwarded beforehand, the luxury of pre-recording and enough bandwidth to make those oh so necessary edits as required by, y'know, those pesky time constraints. Moreover, an electorate which indeed can't spell Pinocchio will be tuned to Strictly Come Popstars On Spice or whatever the hell is gripping the hollowed out husk of the nation's soul this week who will wake up the following morning to headlines which have already been written.

It can't be said often or loud enough, without free and fearless media, we cease to have a functioning democracy.

The bit that still puzzles me though, it how easy it was to completely subvert the conversation. All it took was a couple of bad actors.

We're fucked.

By Boiler
Well, the Saturday after this shitshow is over and Johnson is giving us a thumbs-up from the doorstep of No. 10 whilst Corbyn and Momentum stamp their petulant fucking feet and scweam like Violet Elizabeth Bott saying it's everybody's fault but ours, I shall travel by steam train to York, meet my mate and attempt to drink The Tap on York station dry.

And right now I shall enjoy the sound of the wind howling in the trees and the chimneys whilst typing this and enjoying the heat of my electric fire.
Abernathy liked this

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:15 pm
It is good to see Andrew Neil having a bit of a wail about Johnson still refusing to turn up for what is being billed as an epoch-defining roasting.

Of course, even if it happens, it will be nothing of the sort. Questions forwarded beforehand, the luxury of pre-recording and enough bandwidth to make those oh so necessary edits as required by, y'know, those pesky time constraints.
Moreover, an electorate which indeed can't spell Pinocchio will be tuned to Strictly Come Popstars On Spice or whatever the hell is gripping the hollowed out husk of the nation's soul this week who will wake up the following morning to headlines which have already been written.

It can't be said often or loud enough, without free and fearless media, we cease to have a functioning democracy.

The bit that still puzzles me though, it how easy it was to completely subvert the conversation. All it took was a couple of bad actors.

We're fucked.
I agree. Nevertheless, Neil giving that three minute monologue to camera means that what you say would end up being the best case scenario for Johnson given the circumstances - if he continues to refuse to be interviewed on the BBC by Neil (or ITV) then Labour & Corbyn really need to nail home to the electorate on the issue of trust. Either way, it might work out wherever Johnson actually sits down to be grilled by Brillo or not, the ball could start rolling on Johnson & the Tories getting hit by the Streisand Effect. Or I'd at least hope so, and now is probably the best time to strike him/them with it. It doesn't need the masses to be swayed, rather it is those whose mind isn't 100% made up in battleground seats.

Just to add on the said clip...

2019 General Election

Yep, had to queue here in Norwich North for a shor[…]

Boris Johnson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxtIAG0LRO8

The Biased BBC

It was Labour Uncut. http://labour-uncut.co.uk/20[…]

The Tories, Generally

Nobody wants a false accusation of assault.