Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 73.7 % ❤ 1 % :thumbsup: 6.1 % 😯 1 % :grinning: 11.1 % 🧥 1 % 🙏 1 % 😟 1 % :cry: 1 % :shit: 3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
I'm not sure why Corbyn couldn't have just said this with Andrew Neil and avoided a week of distractions, but at the same time has ANYONE* really ever been savaged by Philip Schofield? :D

*Gordon the gopher a possible exception.
oboogie liked this
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:55 am
I'll see your Spectator columnist and raise you a Canary.
It is McCarthyism. Truly repugnant and dangerous misdirection.

Samedi 7 Mars 2009
how here Hatred has turned him into a Jew - Deconstructing Nick Cohen
https://www.alterinfo.net/how-here-Hatr ... 30504.html
Did you bother with the YouGov report? Or was it just easier to play the man and not the ball?
Andy McDandy wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:50 am
A while ago I read something saying that in other parts of the world that have suffered wars and genocides, there is in some circles an anger that so much attention is placed upon the European holocaust, while others are seemingly relegated in importance. To the point that some say that it only gets the attention it does because everyone involved in it was white (see also the attitude to Nazism in, for example, south east Asia, where you'll find much less of a revulsion with Nazi imagery because "Hitler didn't do anything to us").

Meanwhile, IMHO and in very simplistic terms, with reference to the above and the broader masses it is the case that every single one of us lives in a bubble. Some live in much larger bubbles than others, but it's still a bubble. It is physically and mentally impossible to care about every single thing that goes on in the bubble you are surrounded in let alone what happens outside it, thus people try to rationalise what they should focus on and deem more important over certain periods of time. This in turn leads to occasional self questioning one's morals & actions. Conflicting feelings and emotions are natural - humans aren't by & large robotic machines with no outlet for empathy, and most people find issues close to home much more important than those occurring several thousand kilometres away.

But there is a big difference in acknowledging this conflict of reason and emotion where you try to strike a fair balance and even be willing to admit sometimes "I don't know" against someone or something that just revels in their hypocrisy with either active ignorance or open selfishness, just as long as they & their kin are alright and fuck everyone else. The former seeks to allow their bubble to be absorbant to info that seeps in from outside, to allow possible new thinking & evidence to the matter at hand - but the latter not only wants their bubble to be impenetrable but even sometimes would prefer to constrict it by "disposing" of thoughts, facts and ideas that may give rise to personal conflict. I suppose it is summed up as "ignorance is bliss". Hey, it's complicated and it always will be, but in my experience we are a largely a species that cooperates best through subsidiaritism - and that ultimately means that the bubbles we live in will have a perpetual existence.
bluebellnutter wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:00 pm
The Red Arrow wrote:
It is McCarthyism. Truly repugnant and dangerous misdirection.

Samedi 7 Mars 2009
how here Hatred has turned him into a Jew - Deconstructing Nick Cohen
https://www.alterinfo.net/how-here-Hatr ... 30504.html
Did you bother with the YouGov report? Or was it just easier to play the man and not the ball?
You know how we talk about people drinking the Kool Aid? Well Red's been drinking it since 2015.
Last edited by The Weeping Angel on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:32 pm
lord_kobel wrote:
The Red Arrow wrote:
Are you even trying anymore?
Are you?
I'm not the one who tried to use Kerry-Anne Mendoza to prove anything other than just how shit Kerry-Anne Mendoza is.
Listen. Red has some political opinions that are at a slight difference to mine. That's fine. We both actually want the same thing (a Labour government), and how we reach that is an individual matter. He's never beaten you over the head with his beliefs, in fact he's treated your egregious charm with considerable tolerance.

As someone else said to you last week, wind your neck in.
lord_kobel wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:50 pm
The Red Arrow wrote:
lord_kobel wrote: Are you even trying anymore?
Are you?
I'm not the one who tried to use Kerry-Anne Mendoza to prove anything other than just how shit Kerry-Anne Mendoza is.
Yeah he could have used someone a bit more highbrow like Aaron Bastani.
The Weeping Angel wrote:
lord_kobel wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:50 pm
The Red Arrow wrote:
Are you?
Yeah he could have used someone a bit more highbrow like Aaron Bastani.
You're just proving a point for me now. Get back under your bridge and read more before coming out again. If you want help with big words, just ask.
I'm of the opinion that you are a professional offence-taker. Even a light-hearted comment can set you off on one of your SJW rants.

You're a great guy, really with the movement. We all agree. Now stop shoving it down our throats*

*Other clichés are available.
lord_kobel wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:51 pm
Again, are you really saying that someone who bitched about "Jewish Nazis" and "Political Zionists" is the best person to use to defend corbyn over Anti-Semitism?

I mean, it's not hard to find this stuff out: viewtopic.php?p=582772#p582772
I don't think she's the best person to cite either, on any subject. But there are lots of people on both sides of the media argument who haven't come out of any of this well.

As far as we're concerned on here, I think the discussion of this difficult subject has been mostly good, on all sides.
Boris Johnson

Couldn't lipsync then, either.

Michael Gove

Steady there! Fair shares for all. Hate the basta[…]

Labour, Generally.

Of course the Corbynistas would intpret this as […]

The Tories, Generally

Latest rebranding of No Deal. George Eustice. &quo[…]