Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49.1 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 9.7 % 😯 3.3 % :grinning: 25.1 % 🧥 1.2 % 🙏 0.9 % 😟 4.2 % :cry: 2.9 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
So after absolutely lapping up Corbyn (and other leaders) being taking apart by Andrew Neil and clapping along like trained seals the Mailites are now angry at bias Andrew Neil for empty chairing Boris...

Andrew Neil savages Boris Johnson in monologue calling out PM's refusal to face him for BBC interview and insisting he must address his 'untrustworthiness' before election
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lenge.html

Remarks not printed, none, United Kingdom, 13 hours ago
I tell you what sunshine, if you and all of the presenters would permit the question that you ask to be answered without interruption the maybe you will get a better response. If you or I was being interviewed we would tell them to shut up so the we could answer the question without any butting in
+3311 -654
HW080, Preston, United Kingdom, 13 hours ago
Democracy means Boris is entitled to decline requests for interviews.
+4299 -1673
Radagast the Brown, Rhosgobel, United Kingdom, 11 hours ago
Well done Boris, if the BBC werent so biased and arrogant Im sure he would do it. Tell them it stick it up their Lefty derrires
+179 -65
Frondeg1, Wales, United Kingdom, 13 hours ago
Why would he subject himself to this rude and arrogant man? There are plenty of other opportunities for scrutiny
+2288 -878

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Looks like the Right wing rags are going to go into damage limitation mode over this interview fiasco. Again, the same rags that celebrated other leaders being given tough interviews:

Tories slam Andrew Neil's 'tired' interview format and claim the public are 'fed up' with interviews after the BBC presenter empty-chaired Boris Johnson for refusing to agree to face him
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... dging.html

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boris was live from Kent on BBC2 a few minutes ago. Just declared an end to questions after getting a bit shouty with a reporter who asked him about the Andrew Neil video.

Yelled at him to ask one of the questions himself if he was so bothered. Then didn't answer the question that was asked.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Are any adults in the room with a voice that'll be heard going to actually make the very obvious point that the Tories were absolutely fine with interviews and their formats when it was their opponents getting a grilling? Fucking hell...it's so obvious it's painful.

By KevS
I'm surprised that the Mailite support for the cowardly cowardly custard is so strong considering Farage at least had the cojones to go through the Neil interview.
mattomac liked this

By The Red Arrow
Cluck! Cluck!
Just canceled a visit to Rochester at the last minute. He was due to give a stump speech to Tory supporters but a small number of protesters also arrived holding signs. Tories claimed it was canceled because of “logistical reasons”
Sounds better than shit scared.
The Tories, Generally

I'm seeing theorising on that new-fangled social m[…]

David Cameron

I found myself simply unable to append a commen[…]

US election 2020

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=htt[…]

The Express and the weather

It's the continent's fault, see? Even their weathe[…]