Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 55.9 % ❤ 1.1 % :thumbsup: 12.3 % 😯 1.7 % :grinning: 20.7 % 🧥 0.6 % 🙏 0.6 % 😟 3.4 % :cry: 2.8 % :shit: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Apparently McDonnell and Burden have come out for Long Bailey.

So that's the planned stitch.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Two things did for Labour at the election, 1, Corbyn because he's toxic, awful and useless and 2, Brexit.

If you look at the three main parties, it is Labour who have the biggest problem with it. You will struggle to find a Lib Dem supporter who is leave, there probably is one somewhere because you always get contrary bastards who make you scratch your head.

Less cut and dried for the Tories, but much easier for them to humour their leave supporters, as the bulk of them are Brexit loons, Corbyn is a possible factor here, as would a remain Tory vote for a Corbyn led party? No!

If any party sums up the 48/52 split of the country it is Labour, large areas of the north, traditional areas outside the big cities voted leave, if Labour went full on remain, they would piss off a big chunk of their support, vice versa, if they went leave.

The only hope is that 1,they pick someone more palatable as leader and 2, Brexit turns into an utter disaster which the Tories will own and the waverers who voted Tory in places like Leigh, Radcliffe and Wakefield return.

It's a big ask, can the party deliver?

I don't know. :?:

By Projective Unity
Membership Days
Who'd want to be Labour leader at the moment? I'd think it'd be a poison chalice tbh. We're probably looking at a decade of Tory rule now so why bother taking over now only to lose in five years and have to resign anyway.

I know it's cynical but I just can't see anyway back for Labour and I wouldn't touch the job with a bargepole if I had any long-term political ambition.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Nandy and Flint are among those calling for Labour to take a socially conservative direction because that’s what English working class people want. Really? If Labour thinks they’d prefer Long-Bailey as a prissy Methodist Sunday school teacher over fun-loving Metropolitan cokehead libertine like Johnson the party is in for another shock in 2024.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
(Cosmo Smallpiece voice) ooh, Long Bailey, as a teacher, ooh yes!!

Seriously, though, Labour are never going to go anti immigration or racist, or be hangers and floggers, which is one of the good points of the left. Let's just see what happens and try and keep the faith and hope for the best.

Brexit will be a disaster and the Tories should haemmorage votes next time, unless the sneaky bastards start an unnecessary distant war to get the Sun wankers excited like with the Falklands.

I don't know, I have no answers, I'm just some bum who is on benefits :lol:

By Tubby Isaacs
youngian wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:00 pm
Nandy and Flint are among those calling for Labour to take a socially conservative direction because that’s what English working class people want. Really? If Labour thinks they’d prefer Long-Bailey as a prissy Methodist Sunday school teacher over fun-loving Metropolitan cokehead libertine like Johnson the party is in for another shock in 2024.
What would that even mean anyway? Does the working class consist of people tutting about Swinging London or something?

By Abernathy
Boiler wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:34 pm
I've just had the horrible realisation that at the next GE (assuming as ever, it runs full term) I'll be sixty :(

Pah! I'm 60 now.

FFS. Stoptober, Movember get on my tits. And 're[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Worth a scroll down for the lapel badge. https://[…]

Boris Johnson

Still reckon it can't happen here, kids? https:/[…]

Twat of the Day

Well, here's a song for him to perform, which may […]