Topics about a single subject's Daily Mail experience
:sunglasses: 56.5 % ❤ 8.7 % :thumbsup: 8.7 % 😯 4.3 % :grinning: 8.7 % 🧥 4.3 % :cry: 4.3 % :shit: 4.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oh, we had a member who took to DM comments warning about our subversive, pinko ways and boasting that he had 'infiltrated' us (y'know - like infiltrating a library). :lol:

The Boogmeister and I had lots of fun with him. I don't think he returned after we nationalised him. More innocent times, perhaps. I see Bitty now as a proto-gammon, and bear tremendous guilt that I could have done more to nip a national malaise in the bud.

By Samanfur
I see the defence the police're giving here, but it does feel as though lumping symbols together is muddying the issue:
Greenpeace included with neo-Nazis on UK counter-terror list

A counter-terrorism police document distributed to medical staff and teachers as part of anti-extremism briefings included Greenpeace, Peta and other non-violent groups as well as neo-Nazis, the Guardian has learned.

The guide, produced by Counter Terrorism Policing, is used across England as part of training for Prevent, the anti-radicalisation scheme designed to catch those at risk of committing terrorist violence.

Last week, police said documents uncovered by the Guardian that list environment protest group Extinction Rebellion (XR) alongside far-right extremists and jihadists were a local error.

By Samanfur
Yep.

Victoria Derbyshire was interviewing PETA founder Ingrid Newkirk yesterday morning, and framing it as the mildly eccentric crank vegan saying that you can't be an environmentalist if you eat meat.

The Twittersphere exploded into pointing out that PETA - right out of Newkirk's own mouth - believes in killing pets rather than than putting them in "involuntary bondage", and has been sued in the US for both stealing family pets out of gardens and breaking waiting period laws on euthanasia to do it. I may've been one of the people who pointed it out.

Towards the end of the interview, Derbyshire's producer must've been on her earpiece, because she bought the views on ownership up - but not the euthanasia or the court cases.

Newkirk simpered, denied everything and mentioned that she owned both dogs and cats.

Despite the ample primary evidence, that was the end of that, so Derbyshire plugged Newkirk's book for her, and ended the section.

I was disappointed.
Boiler liked this

Got my ballot today. 1. Keir Starmer 2.Lisa Nandy […]

Jan Moir

Priti Patel must be the first person to have been […]

Boris Johnson

Yesterday Boris made it clear that getting a trade[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

This is rather excellent. https://medium.com/@[…]