Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 59.8 % ❤ 1.6 % :thumbsup: 5.4 % 😯 1.9 % :grinning: 22.4 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 3 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I remember Piers Corbyn as a go to wacky boffin who'd out forecast the TV weather readers (Nick Ferrari was a big fan would you believe). Who as any pub bore will to tell you are always wrong anyway. So they take notice of fuckwits like Corbyn Snr as a result of their evidence free observations.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:50 am
This is why I have never understood the Corbynite pitch of ‘how can Jeremy be a bigot with his upbringing?’, given his brother is one of the most obnoxious, conspiracy theory peddling maniacs around.

He’s like the monstrous one the family shut in the loft for 50 years, only they forgot to ever close the loft door.
His mother was at Cable street....

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Johnson being questioned on the NHS at PMQs. Still talking about his forty new hospitals and his 50,000 new nurses.

Corbyn not having it, and firing back with the correct figures.

Johnson going on about refurbishing a local hospital.

Corbyn points out he closed another one to pay for it.

Then he goes and mentions Labour's manifesto plans for the NHS, and Johnson goes for the fact that the manifesto lost like a rat up a drainpipe.

Apparently, the Tories are "the party of the NHS" now, after the mess they inherited.

The Tories winning on barely more than "GET BREXIT DONE" will have a lot to answer for in the coming years, but we don't need to be giving them open goals.

By crabcakes_windermere
I read the article and now feel stupider as a consequence. Though to be fair, at one point they did at least ask the right question:
<Labour's> policies were not only sensible according to expert consensus, but were also broadly popular among the British electorate. So how did a party led by someone implicated in conspiring to violently assault a journalist and engaged in misogynistic, homophobic and racist discourse (not to mention persistent lies and evasion of scrutiny) achieve such a landmark victory?
Their answer though is, as you might expect, not the single name that would more than suffice in reply.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
FTFY
<Labour's> policies were not only sensible according to expert consensus, but were also broadly popular among the British electorate. So how the fuck did Labour find a leader that lost to a party led by someone implicated in conspiring to violently assault a journalist and engaged in misogynistic, homophobic and racist discourse (not to mention persistent lies and evasion of scrutiny) achieve such a landmark victory?

By Tubby Isaacs
I missed all these experts backing Corbynism. Sure there was a consensus on not leaving the EU and, yes, we could borrow a lot of money for investment very cheaply. But, of the things I dip into, most rail experts seemed to think Labour were populist goons.
Timbo liked this

By lord_kobel
Arm up is leavers, legs open is remainers, ones with crosses are gains in 2019, ones in grey are losses in 2019. Each figure represents one per cent of those who voted in the 2017 general election, which is equivalent to about 300,000 actual voters. Labour lost more votes to non voting than they did to the other parties.
oboogie liked this
The LibDems, generally

Today marks the fifth anniversary of the sad pas[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

The ECHR is fake news and part of the deep state, […]

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Further distractions and distance from himself and[…]

The Trump Presidency

I'd heard that the lights in the White House were […]