Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 46.2 % ❤ 3.1 % :thumbsup: 3.1 % 😯 3.1 % :grinning: 29.2 % 🧥 1.5 % 😟 3.1 % :shit: 10.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Asking the front runner to withdraw is a very eccentric view. I suspect Starmer has been very honest with Lavery about what he thinks of him and what future he would have under his leadership.

So RLB has to go to Hackney CLP to find a receptive audience for her mandatory reselection game changer. Tells you a lot.
Lisa Nandy was being interviewed by Nick Robinson about this this morning. Her view was "it's for the members to decide, not the chairman". Starmer did apparently text her to say "I've just met your mum!" which she said might have a bearing on his decision... :lol:
Lavery bellowing insults from the touchline isn’t a particularly good look, either for himself nor the party he is supposed to be presiding over. If Starmer eventually wins, would Lavery do the honourable thing and step down from his position? I suspect not, somehow. Paul Mason hit the nail on the head when he called Lavery a Lexit deadbeat recently.

If they’re not extremely careful, things could unravel very rapidly for the Cornbynites over the next few months and beyond. Many of them still seem to be completely cloth-eared as to just how disenchanted much of the wider Labour membership had become regarding the Brexit inertia and the failure to tackle other well-publicised issues. And that includes a small but increasingly significant proportion of the post-2015 membership intake.
youngian wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:31 am
Asking the front runner to withdraw is a very eccentric view. I suspect Starmer has been very honest with Lavery about what he thinks of him and what future he would have under his leadership.

So RLB has to go to Hackney CLP to find a receptive audience for her mandatory reselection game changer. Tells you a lot.
Claiming you represent the working classes by telling them what it is they apparently want, while holding your meeting in a trendy bar in a hip and upcoming London suburb miles away from where those selfsame working class voters deserted your party in droves speaks volumes about awareness of what will take Labour back into power. Getting a lackey to try and get a rival who has been out meeting those people to stand down on the blatant pretext of equality - when this hasn't concerned him before, oddly - speaks volumes about personal integrity.

And nothing being said here is good.
Last edited by crabcakes_windermere on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Our branch chairman was at RLB's campaign launch in Manchester. Described it as having nothing intrinsically wrong with it, but feeling very hollow and very much as though she was very much in a city/student bubble.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:24 am
Reading more from Rachel Wearmouth, I can only wonder if Lavery was on the sauce. Starmer a "wolf in sheep's clothing" and "the moderate of the race".
Now you mention it, on the one hand these don't make sense as insults - being a 'wolf in sheep's clothing' implies a tough inner core, and being a moderate could well appeal to a lot of people. And on the other they're not even compatible as insults - what the hell is a moderate wolf??!?
Timbo liked this
Former MP, Lynne Jones, who seems to have left Labour in the recent past to back Respect/ Salma Yaqoob, before coming back.

Not exactly demonstrating great knowledge of transport below the line here. Having presumably enthusiastically backed Corbyn's spending plans, she complains that borrowing for HS2 could be too expensive, and lack of public sector capacity. Doubtless all these regional and local schemes we hear about would all come in on budget.There's a, to my mind, fairly enlightening bit where she proudly says she argued for the need to redevelop New Street to take high speed trains- to which the answer would have most likely been "you can't without lots of demolition".

Let me guess...one of the new Corbynite intake who don't really understand how it works and just decides TORIES BAD without apply any critical thinking?
Reasonably epic Mail Fail

Interesting that some of the replies to the top-[…]

Roll Call

Ever been to the Mort Subite bar in Brussels? […]

Boris Johnson

That's one scary feed. Got to be a piss-taker, s[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Jesus wept.